Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
No recommendations on high temp paint? Or do I need to go get them super sicky ceramic coated... along with x-pipe to help keep temps down outside by AC condenser, cooler, and fuel cell. This is DR... i have to be doing it wrong with paint.

Took another few hours on Monday to finish the other side exhaust exit... and on Tue I spent an hour on tabs for lunch

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
No recommendations on high temp paint? Or do I need to go get them super sicky ceramic coated... along with x-pipe to help keep temps down outside by AC condenser, cooler, and fuel cell. This is DR... i have to be doing it wrong with paint.

Took another few hours on Monday to finish the other side exhaust exit... and on Tue I spent an hour on tabs for lunch

VHT paint SP101

We use it to paint our booms for our solar arrays. Black is available too.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
i wouldnt paint it. put a heat shield by the fuel tank or use DEI heat wrap on the exhaust.

painting exhaust never seems to hold up well no matter what you use. moment rust gets under ceramic coating, shit pops off like acme on a fat kid

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
gonna do VHT. When it gets fooked... I will sand and repaint like the rest

lunch time fab yesterday. finished other side and welded tabs on exhaust. Put truck at full bump. man... barely clears the upper links. Like only 3/16". I tried to keep it away from cell as much as possible...but, I thought I had a little more space. Gonna go ahead and weld tabs on chassis next. Not sure it will be an issue... but we will find out. In like a year or so. haha.

still need to take a lunch today....really need to disassemble front shocks to do ressy conversion. Maybe I will start that.

Reactions: toyotacole

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
gonna do VHT. When it gets fooked... I will sand and repaint like the rest

lunch time fab yesterday. finished other side and welded tabs on exhaust. Put truck at full bump. man... barely clears the upper links. Like only 3/16". I tried to keep it away from cell as much as possible...but, I thought I had a little more space. Gonna go ahead and weld tabs on chassis next. Not sure it will be an issue... but we will find out. In like a year or so. haha.

still need to take a lunch today....really need to disassemble front shocks to do ressy conversion. Maybe I will start that.

Yeah I have about 1/4” from upper link to exhaust as well. It will self clear if it becomes and issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds