Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
No recommendations on high temp paint? Or do I need to go get them super sicky ceramic coated... along with x-pipe to help keep temps down outside by AC condenser, cooler, and fuel cell. This is DR... i have to be doing it wrong with paint.

Took another few hours on Monday to finish the other side exhaust exit... and on Tue I spent an hour on tabs for lunch

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
No recommendations on high temp paint? Or do I need to go get them super sicky ceramic coated... along with x-pipe to help keep temps down outside by AC condenser, cooler, and fuel cell. This is DR... i have to be doing it wrong with paint.

Took another few hours on Monday to finish the other side exhaust exit... and on Tue I spent an hour on tabs for lunch

VHT paint SP101

We use it to paint our booms for our solar arrays. Black is available too.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
i wouldnt paint it. put a heat shield by the fuel tank or use DEI heat wrap on the exhaust.

painting exhaust never seems to hold up well no matter what you use. moment rust gets under ceramic coating, shit pops off like acme on a fat kid

Reactions: smokeysevin

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
gonna do VHT. When it gets fooked... I will sand and repaint like the rest

lunch time fab yesterday. finished other side and welded tabs on exhaust. Put truck at full bump. man... barely clears the upper links. Like only 3/16". I tried to keep it away from cell as much as possible...but, I thought I had a little more space. Gonna go ahead and weld tabs on chassis next. Not sure it will be an issue... but we will find out. In like a year or so. haha.

still need to take a lunch today....really need to disassemble front shocks to do ressy conversion. Maybe I will start that.

Reactions: toyotacole

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
gonna do VHT. When it gets fooked... I will sand and repaint like the rest

lunch time fab yesterday. finished other side and welded tabs on exhaust. Put truck at full bump. man... barely clears the upper links. Like only 3/16". I tried to keep it away from cell as much as possible...but, I thought I had a little more space. Gonna go ahead and weld tabs on chassis next. Not sure it will be an issue... but we will find out. In like a year or so. haha.

still need to take a lunch today....really need to disassemble front shocks to do ressy conversion. Maybe I will start that.

Yeah I have about 1/4” from upper link to exhaust as well. It will self clear if it becomes and issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
dealing with shock conversion fun.... Holy shit... this was tighter than expected too. barely fits.

Sooooo, why can't I ever seem to get things that match 100% from shock manufacturers? It sure would have been nice to get this fitting on both shocks!

Here is what the pass side shock looks like. I don't really want to do a coupler and increase length.... so it looks like I am gonna have to get these things modified.

Spent way too much at local hydraulic store. I swear these guys used to be a better deal. Seems as if it was pretty high pricing now... $331!

And question for barge. This big ole hose is only rated at 800 PSI. (smaller hose in same series is 3000 PSI) This seems to be highest rated hose for these rebuildable fittings. Shouldn't be a problem? In a bottom mount reservoir... wouldn't all major pressure spikes be in column of fluid above piston?

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Sooo, the power of whining on instagram... got a message from dude that works at Fox. He got me in touch with a guy named Fern (Fernando).... they offered to put a matching fitting on the shock... and send it out for replate.

Have to say.. I am a bit impressed by that. So, here's the thing. I was hesitant to get one replated...as the plating is kinda junk and corroding on all the bypasses.

I asked him about getting Cerakote. Sounds like they can do that for me for like $300-400..... for all 8x shocks. I just have to bring them disassembled for most part

Should I do it? Talk me out of it?

I REALLY like the look of the cerakote. How will it hold up though? And what about thread area on coilover that gets scraped to shit. I suppose you just deal with that?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds