Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

YZRacer408

Nov 30, 2011
OC california
Hit the nail on the head with the MOST local shops are useless in general comment!! Becoming harder and harder to call or go into shops or auto part stores these days and find anybody competent at preforming there job. At my local oh oh oh o'reilly the kid just lets me use the computer to find the parts I need.

Reactions: FasterNU

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Hit the nail on the head with the MOST local shops are useless in general comment!! Becoming harder and harder to call or go into shops or auto part stores these days and find anybody competent at preforming there job. At my local oh oh oh o'reilly the kid just lets me use the computer to find the parts I need.
I find part #'s and prices online then just find a local place that has one in stock. They don't have to do any research. I give them the part # and they just give me the part

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
I find part #'s and prices online then just find a local place that has one in stock. They don't have to do any research. I give them the part # and they just give me the part
This is the only way to go now. Most of the guys who work the counter have zero fucking clue.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I might have jst pulled another bonehead purchase.

Is it a terrible idea to have my driveshaft made out of 2.5 ".250 DOM wall tube. That sounds crazy heavy.

And would it be OK at my shaft speeds?

probably around 45" long. mid section is going to be 3" .095. less than 18" long.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I might have jst pulled another bonehead purchase.

Is it a terrible idea to have my driveshaft made out of 2.5 ".250 DOM wall tube. That sounds crazy heavy.

And would it be OK at my shaft speeds?

probably around 45" long. mid section is going to be 3" .095. less than 18" long.
absoutely not. the amount of mass trying to whip around creates a "jump rope" effect. you would need a much thinner tube to make it hold up to the shaft speed you will see. if it was a rock donkey, not an issue as you need the strength and it wont see high speeds. im running 2.5" .120 wall and it still has a bit of vibration on a 43" shaft, 5.13 gears and 33's. i wouldnt go over .120 wall personally.

Reactions: FasterNU

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds