Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Got it all roughly in place yesterday. I actually have some room as it sits now under the cab. Seems to be closer at exhaust X pipe. (But front shaft is sloping down. Haven't got a real accurate number yet on how much)

Gonna have to get sneaky with exhaust...

Space here at cab is A-OK for now though! We'll see if i need to eat into that by raising carrier bearing.

I ran out of time last night. I feel I need need to get more creative on how to measure better... and need to tighten carrier bearing down too.

So far the exhaust is still winner for minimal clearance. Like 1.5 zip tie on this side.. and I think a little less on other side. Just enough? Until I get axle centered, etc. hahah. A smart man would probably cut that x-pipe off at mounts and move it up like 1/8" or so.

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
found it i think! See page 13

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.waterousco.com%2Fmedia%2Fpdfs%2FJ3311-1-DSSP.pdf&clen=895127&chunk=true

hmmm, maybe try this:

https://www.waterousco.com/media/pdfs/J3311-1-DSSP.pdf
Here's another article that's a little more clear that references the one you gave, https://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Driveline-101.shtml. It shows different options to get it to work.

Found a calculator as well

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ Even more so when you don't have the parts! Just knowing how much space parts take up where. I have either gotten decent at it... or been lucky this build.

Made the big mistake on the chassis for radiator. Everything else has panned out so far. I think? hahah

might need to re-work the exhaust, since I think I can make that better with minimal effort. still debating on it. risk exhaust contact at full bump, or cook fuel hotter? hehe

So according to that... it said 1-1.5* difference. Right?

Well son of a bitch... this just in. I must be measuring wrong? How could i get that lucky!? LOL. I know this doesn't take side to side into account.. but I feel like this should be good?

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
zeroed it. It was 5.5--5.7 down on absolute 0. (but not sure how frame is related to floor right now. it's been moved up to cycle, etc) I feel like that is steeper than I referenced when mounting trans? Either way, this shit gonna have to work.. because I don't feel like going backwards! LOL

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
My axle already has perches welded on based on the stock trans. my new trans is def angled down more now so I'm worried I might have to change it

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ hahah. Run it for one season and then link it during summer.

So I cycled my shaft last night when the ole lady and kid was gone.... lol

Turns out..... full bump is the shortest shaft position and as suspension fell the shaft just got longer. So, full droop was the longest. (the opposite of leaf springs I bet)

seems to have 1.5" of plunge when strapped. Fuck man... everything seems legit, right?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds