Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
your Ace doesnt have "name your own price" on bolts?
So I’m not the only one...
LMAO!! Yea, they just have bags and a pen. They don't police it, but my conscience does. Sometimes I will discount them a bit though. Like put the price of shorter bolt. (What a rebel.)

My brother would always do like 50% off. Still overpriced I bet. LOL.

Reactions: smokeysevin

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
The only bad thing about buying hardware by weight is that I end up buying hardware that I didn't need at that time. The good thing is that I always have clean hardware laying around. But if you are going to shove hardware in your biological purses why not go for the 7/8 to 1 inch stuff.
The expensive stuff. That way it's worth your time. Anything smaller is just gay.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
i guess i am the only "honest john". over the years i have had a few hardware shops go down and i have to drive father for a less selection and they have crappy hours. so i want to pay there price so i wont have to go further.

been thinking of just ordering common sizes on-line from some bolt shops.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
i guess i am the only "honest john". over the years i have had a few hardware shops go down and i have to drive father for a less selection and they have crappy hours. so i want to pay there price so i wont have to go further.

been thinking of just ordering common sizes on-line from some bolt shops.
The ace/true value stores in the houston area have been dropping like flies. 3 in my area have closed in the last 6 months.

Finding anything in stainless, gr8, or stainless metric is like looking for the holy grail.

Sean

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Riverside, CA
The ace/true value stores in the houston area have been dropping like flies. 3 in my area have closed in the last 6 months.

Finding anything in stainless, gr8, or stainless metric is like looking for the holy grail.

Sean
Tractor Supply has been pretty good for stainless(metric too) just picked up a bunch yesterday for my headers. And like Turdblo mentioned all of the grade 8 is by the pound!

Reactions: smokeysevin

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds