Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
there's a couple cute chicks at my Ace too actually....

Did a lot of shitty work filling a ton of holes, while sweating balls in the heat. Last few times, I just squirted RTV in the seat belt mount holes, etc. This time I am actually welding them shut along with all other holes.... Not fun to breathe those fumes.... and tons of super loud grinding.

Oh, and finished the plate for the pass side! 99.99% ready to burn in. Hopefully other side goes better.... which it should.

Then I took 2Ghetto to the bay and went to watch some H1 boats for a bit...

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
got the template done for other side... and cut it out last night.\

Man, a chinee prasma cuttell sure woulda been nice.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Man, a chinee prasma cuttell sure woulda been nice.
Tubeworks housing: check
Fox shock package w/3.5” bypasses: yup
Full Threat F/R suspension: obligatory
LS motor and 4L80E: of course
Fancy swaybay: uh huh
King dick fuel cell: yes
Baller Hubs: paid cash
Blingy wheels & tires: essential
Radio & intercom package: nice-to-have
Fluid coolers: bingo

$250 Chinee Prasma Cuttel: FUCK NO! That shit is like $250 goddamn dollars!! That’ll be a fucking wallet purge of unprecedented proportions!!!

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
Tubeworks housing: check
Fox shock package w/3.5” bypasses: yup
Full Threat F/R suspension: obligatory
LS motor and 4L80E: of course
Fancy swaybay: uh huh
King dick fuel cell: yes
Baller Hubs: paid cash
Blingy wheels & tires: essential
Radio & intercom package: nice-to-have
Fluid coolers: bingo

$250 Chinee Prasma Cuttel: FUCK NO! That shit is like $250 goddamn dollars!! That’ll be a fucking wallet purge of unprecedented proportions!!!
Then you end up running through $100 of cutting wheels in no time and realize you are, in fact, retarded.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Then you end up running through $100 of cutting wheels in no time and realize you are, in fact, retarded.
HAHAHAHA> Totally agree. Definitely FULL RETARD here.

I said it before though. No compressor, no 220V.... and no room in my garage.

Truthfully though... I could make room in the garage by selling parts off my old GSXR750(Which i need to do anyways!) Those parts would pay for the items above and then some. And I could run it off my generator if i need 220V. Damnit! Yea, no excuses really. Can I pull the I don't have time card or something??

Here is how the thought process actually went inside my head last night.

"God damn, this shit really sucks. Another damn angle grinder seems to be dying. This shit is loud as fuck, I can't see shit because I have sweated out my glasses ... my shirt, shorts, and face are covered in metal grinding dust... and there is soooo much bad shit in the air I am breathing"(The sun was setting and was illuminating the cancer storm at my work bench)

"But man, I'd have to buy a compressor and figure out where to put all this shit. And for what? I will be done with G4 soon enough. Do I reeally need one? Will I ever use it again after this truck is done?"

"Instead, I'll just snap a picture of this mess and complain about it and everyone can make fun of me for being so cheap and myopic."

And that right there is how I have kept working with cheap ass tools this entire time!! Need to break this cycle and just invest in some decent tools!

Reactions: smokeysevin

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds