Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Your still not done with this pile
Shit foo! In 10 days I will have had this new truck in my possession for 8 months.

But damn, after looking at the dates and looking at G3 thread..... I think I AM pretty far behind. Thanks a lot, dick. HAHA

But, this time I am doing quite a bit more of the work by myself. On G3 I had my brother and Justin working with me. So, it's almost like 1/3 the work getting done.

For comparison purposes. In 8 months on G3 I appeared to have the entire chassis done from front to back (minus the rear bumper). The shocks and bumps were all mounted front and back, and the cab was completely sealed up, dash in.. and seats and seat belts installed!!!! Holy shit. I was moving on that build. Makes me want to take a couple days off from work and bust out a ton of work....

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Dude. Having helpers/assistants/bitches makes truck building go waaaaay faster. Lots more laughs too...

“Come here and help me hold this”

“Please unbolt the radiator and all this crap in this general area”

“Rip the leaf springs apart so we can get ready to cycle the rearend”

“Grab me a handful of cheezits”

“Roll me a coors light”

*From under the truck:* “Fuck, I forgot to put the ground clamp on! Can you please throw it on the bumper for me??”

“Grind those 28 rivet heads off real quick”

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
“Grind those 28 rivet heads off real quick”
This worked for me ONCE, on my Explorer. Told him "thank you, but don't expect me to do the same for you on your rig!" As I've gotten older ive become less and less wiling to sit with a grinder on my truck, let alone someone else's truck lol.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
The reason it works for A-Aron and myself is because we are doing all the heavy fab—FOR FREE—on our buddy’s trucks.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds