Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Heard Black Friday was in town... So that means I had to paint my knucks, bro! I may or may not have gotten my ass kicked by this black friday guy. Stay tuned for pictures of parts soon. Meanwhile, to get my knucks ready... I had to pull the sick gnar Camburg hubs off. Gotta say these hubs are pretty fucking nice. Bearings are huge. Snout and knucks are burly.

And holy shit. These things were on like a mother fucker. I had to beat the living shit outa that massive camburg tool to get it loose. And somehow i managed to break the star lock retaining ring... on both sides!! Hmmm, that could a been a big part of the difficulty. LOL. Not sure why they hung on though. I bent the tabs back. Maybe not quite far enough? Add 2x of those to the shopping list.

Then the fun continued. When I yanked the hub... I saw this bitch right by my fingers... was thinking she might try and bail out or attack or something like in the movies! So, I was more worried about her.. and dropped my fucking outer bearing in dirt!! Brilliant. Grease was all perfect too. Gay. Add some grease to the list too. (I may or may not have left the lid off my current grease... and blasted it with grinding sparks. LOL)

All that work just to get these prepped like this. Think I am gonna do the knucks in the hammered gray. Contrast the black beam. Or wait.. Maybe i should do them in Gold, NUKKA!

Back to more "fun" work.... with make a front bumper day. Got the main tubes made.

Then got the plates to cap frame rails done.

Weld those on..

Then get the top tube level and tack those in. Then get over it and decide to finish installing the lower tube later. So... quick anti rust tape job so my joints stay clean. Until next time....

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Hows the ole shop hangin with all this rain?! hahaha
LMAO.

Not so good!!! I'd say all panels on the circus tent are about 70% perforated. Great for summer... but not so good for winter! So, right now I've got a crappy roof, over small free HF tarp, over a bigger crappy tarp that has a bunch of holes in it too. It's like a turd tarp sandwich!

Also a currently a mudfest ... like Jump Chumps is gonna be!

All the constant walking around the trucks in that space has compacted the dirt... and now it puddles real good around it. It's like a mini moat to ward off any potential nefarious activities. lol

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
nah... this is the exact reason I held out on signing up. Not interested in the mudfest. That shit is slicker than shit on the course in the mud. And what a mess to clean. It was bad enough from just their watering when dry.

If it was dry I would be all over it. It's super fun.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds