Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
hey you paid money for it, you can nit pick the fucking thing!
I bought it off guy on classifieds here unused. I wasn't the one contracting the services. You bet your ass if I had paid the 1,000's for it like he did... that I would do my best to make sure ES or whoever did it finished it properly!

I think that dude was claiming he had like 9K into this shit! Yea, here's the ad.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
spindles back on. Got new star washers.. so just need to re-assemble hubs for last time. Things musta been at 250ft/lb plus. There are internal spacers... So, I think I will just have to go with German specs.

Blue tooth steering:

Beam Clarence looks toight:

Got a couple of the trickier tubes done. Did them out of 1.75 x .095. 23" long, bend at 4" to 28*... then have fun notching the 5x notches. Top notch was about 20*... all others were handsies.

No notcher can do this...

After I weld these in...it is officially ready for rear shock mounts.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I never do. Tubes and shit is welded to cab everywhere... Hell, I am totally bailing the rear cab mounts this time.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
bend in there to clear shocks i ASSSSSSSSSSSume?
Si Senor!

I believe it was close or hitting on G3 at full droop so I did it that way back then. In addition to opening up space, It also makes a nice straight(er) spot to land bedside mount tubes to... I kinda like the look of them too for some reason.

I think i missed it in notes back then. So, I made sure I tracked it better this time.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Si Senor!

I believe it was close or hitting on G3 at full droop so I did it that way back then. In addition to opening up space, It also makes a nice straight(er) spot to land bedside mount tubes to... I kinda like the look of them too for some reason.

I think i missed it in notes back then. So, I made sure I tracked it better this time.
i keep fucking forgetting you have a whole damn note book on how to put this kenex project together. i thought "hmm, how did he figure the shocks would be close there? must have just looked like it". could be the cold meds too :ROFLMAO:

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
He could tack all the tubes together and “assemble” the whole truck. Then take them to a laser cutting company so they can scan them all to make a file and bingo bango a compete WIY ranger chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^ Yea, that probably woulda been smart. LOL

Finished the bumper so I could move on to the important stuff.

I wanted the bumper to reference the header panel. The lines were super tight on this truck before I took it apart. You like my high quality tools for gap measurement? LOL

Time to disassemble and weld the rest of it..

It was super windy... so I would have to try and rush though welds when I felt like the wind died down for a second.

Hopefully I can keep the body lines straight when I put on the glass, etc. I tacked the factory header panel mounts in place with scrap. Then it was "making progress" by cutting everything off. Man, so much room without the core support! You will notice I also left some of the fender mounts on the sheet metal rail that connects to core support. More reference points for the 3-piece glass.

Reactions: bradbury

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds