Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
^^^^ HAHA. IT IS!!! Good eye. You know that adds some serious HP and torques. Oh and improves mileage. And even changes diapers on your first born!

Anyone from DR can buy that from me for $250. And it will even come with a strong running 4.0 motor attached to it!
why even waste time on a ls swap when you have a MOD like that!?

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
Yo, johnny BJ. Did you happen to get any pictures? (great name BTW) LOL.

I just bought these. Hope I can get way without modifying them for steering...because I bought the coated ones.

Summit G9084B
Yeah, about that. Haha. I got too excited from my engine starting and getting it wrapped up. Started the first time around. I will for sure get some this weekend! :) The truck stays in Ramona and I live in Escondido, so I only drive up on the weekends to get it done. Yeah the name was a very random 16 year old thought when I made the account. lol

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Yeah, about that. Haha. I got too excited from my engine starting and getting it wrapped up. Started the first time around. I will for sure get some this weekend! :) The truck stays in Ramona and I live in Escondido, so I only drive up on the weekends to get it done. Yeah the name was a very random 16 year old thought when I made the account. lol

Can't blame ya!! Anytime is fine. I'm not ready to stab her in yet.

LMAO!! I think there was a thread on here once about why we have our stupid user names. LOL

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
Passenger side. We decided to cut the flange and weld on a tube with a 45 degree bend for clearance. All in all, it worked out great. Gonna plate the frame on the next prep. Really depending on these solid engine mounts from touching anything (EVERYTHING is literally a hair from touching). Let me know if you need more pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
Driver side. You can see how we had to get creative with the steering shaft and create a plate to reduce the play. Not gonna be fun when that steering rack cracks lol. Everything is extremely tight as you can see. We did shave down the manifold a 1/10 of an inch for the steering shaft as well. No notching on the frame and kept the manifold flange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: mikey09120

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
So Mike, "PSDirtracer", came down on Sat to get that old 4.0. Mike is a funny mother fucker.. and even sketchier than me! AHHAHA

I had quite the swamp going in my yard. No plywood.. and a picker with busted wheels. So, we rigged up this redneck contraption... I told him I was gonna tell everyone it failed miserably. BUT... he is right. It DID work to get the motor out. Quite well actually. Problem was when we took it over to the sidewalk... where he had to drive off a sidewalk curb. Front tires made it. Well, when he dropped the back tires off... the harbor freight strap failed.. and the shit went down with a quickness. I ran for the hills.. but still managed to get my hand caught up in motor and cut/bruised it. It was definitely the fastest way to get it down. HAHAH. Somehow... didn't seem to fuck up the motor too bad, nor his truck. Great success!

Ghetto bird happened to be watching from above the whole time too. Good times Mike! My friends were impressed. LOL

With a confident smile like that.. who could say no. LOL

T minus 10 until... well crash landing!

Oh and yea... looks like we won't be having those dove babies this year. doh!

That left all sorts of room.. and meant time for me to get to work!

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^Holy shit that is a tight fit!!! Thanks JohnnyBJ!

Quite a bit different steering and shock mounting to deal with compared to what I will face with the beams. But now I realize I probably shouldn't have bought the coated manifolds Probably gonna have to hack into them.

Continuing on with the spirit of "Ready, Fire, Aim!!" .... I went ahead and welded in the main engine cage lacing. Hope it works out! HAHAH. I kicked the tubes out up towards the cab. So, the width between tubes by firewall is 27.25" The width at the front between tubes is 26.5. I measured widest part of motor at about 27" without manifolds.

welded in the tubes through firewall first...

Then did the main tubes to front. Took off .75" (need to remember to fix notes)

Then it was time to weld it in. We'll make sure it works later. HAHA

Modified the windshield wiper too. Looks like it clears now. I cut it and moved it down about 1/2" or so. Then had to massage it so it cleared tube AND the floor area in there. But... made a mistake on that when i welded it. I melted the shit outa the little rubber busing inside. Still seems like it will work though? Fugg it!

And of course...Painted the shit because the rain and rust is bad right now.

I also got all the exhaust studs out... Welding bolt worked great. Washers didn't seem to do any good.

While doing this, I noticed some not so good things... it seems a couple of the cylinders have water in them!! WTF!? Based on carbon on exhaust.. I am hoping/assuming that this is just from the dude pressure washing shit... probably went right by exhaust manifold that had broken bolts? I hope?

Reactions: Turboyota

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
It worked great until it didn’t ! Plus it took the guess work out on how to lower it to ground all the way.

PS that dove was dead before I got there, the engine did not fall on it everyone.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds