Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
i am just starting to learn the lathe game. i picked up a cheap hf unit off offer up before i move onto something bigger. So far its bad ass for spacers and bushings. Wish i got one sooner.
I seriously have no clue how to use one. So a freebie might not be a bad idea for us. lol

Reactions: Jester9

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Got the lower bump pads and limit strap tabs all finished and welded up ...

painted beams...

I also started the radius arm cross member. I am making this one removable.. even though I have never had to remove the other ones. LOL.

Annnnd, I also removed the rear housing and gonna be taking that pile up to Burleson Designs where I am having Justin truss/straighten the housing... and weld in my wacky snouts .... and make some crush sleeves for rear hubs... and weld on some caliper brackets... and maybe some low pro bump pads... and machine down my Camburg crush sleeves on front hubs too for proper bearing preload.

Gonna be expensive... but this is the precision work that I can't do. Can't wait to get it back.. because truck will be a fully suspended roller at that point. Will just need to add limit straps in back and sway bar tabs to housing. Don't really wanna weld on the housing at all after he straightens it... but I really don't see any other option.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Bedsides look great. What bulge and how wide is your rear end or overall track width? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a new 10" flat top bedside from McNeil racing. It looks like it will cover a wide track width with minimal kick out and trimming. Pretty big wheel openings too... like they had 37's in mind when doing the mold.

I am probably wider than most in the rear, I am at 72" WMS to WMS in the back. With my wheel/tire combo... it puts me at 84.75" to the outside tire.

My front is at 74.125" WMS to WMS. That is 86.875" to outside tires.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
So which one of you guys knows Tyler from TNT fab? I can't seem to get him to respond to my Instagram messages. He replied at first about the master cylinder relocation... but he has gone dark on me. Tell him I have the $$ and want to buy!

I tried JRT fab before too with no response.

I just need a god damn master relocator!

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds