Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Brent worked on this poon punji pit this weekend. I helped a little, but mostly I played Mr. Mom and tried to remember to keep the F-word to a minimum.

Limit straps installed:

Power steering pump and pulley replaced. The pulley was being a real fuckstain and kept wanting to go on crooked, so I machined a 3 degree lead-in on that stubborn fucker:

Fucking chinese piece of shit... thanks BRO’Reilly.

Drove it around through the rutted section at the bottom of my street, but the steering stutter and whine remained. Turns out Brent used regular power steering fluid instead of MERCON ATF as specified in the manual.

Wrong fluid could seriously be the problem. Neither of us had a clue, but duh!

0.3 dirt miles!!!:

Other observations:
Rear feels a little stiff, but the spare and jack were not there to facilitate rear cushiness. (I think it’s gonna be kinda shitty anyway because spring over and F31’s).

Have 1.7” of preload on 500/500 front springs—sound like correct ballpark?

Reactions: koolaidmanguy

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ Uhh WUT??

Does a ranger PS box call for ATF? DOH!! Maybe this is why I killed pumps and steering boxes? And have the death whine. I do recall the red coming out when I flush um. Shit. I better check. That would be funny.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
DOH!!!! I better not quit my day job. I looked it up too. Said Type F ATF. sweet!

Looks like I will need to change some fluids around next time. haha

Reactions: bajaf250

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
DOH!!!! I better not quit my day job. I looked it up too. Said Type F ATF. sweet!

Looks like I will need to change some fluids around next time. haha
Ya i fuck that one up i guess. Crossing fingers that is my steering issue and i installed a new pump just for the fuck of it...

Website name is : just give me the dam manual.. hahaha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Meh, you will probably not notice a difference in fluids. Always way handier to run the same thing as your tranny though.

Unless you have a stick with gear oil.......

crf250r6

Mar 24, 2007
mira loma
Brent worked on this poon punji pit this weekend. I helped a little, but mostly I played Mr. Mom and tried to remember to keep the F-word to a minimum.

Limit straps installed:

Power steering pump and pulley replaced. The pulley was being a real fuckstain and kept wanting to go on crooked, so I machined a 3 degree lead-in on that stubborn fucker:

Fucking chinese piece of shit... thanks BRO’Reilly.

Drove it around through the rutted section at the bottom of my street, but the steering stutter and whine remained. Turns out Brent used regular power steering fluid instead of MERCON ATF as specified in the manual.

Wrong fluid could seriously be the problem. Neither of us had a clue, but duh!

0.3 dirt miles!!!:

Other observations:
Rear feels a little stiff, but the spare and jack were not there to facilitate rear cushiness. (I think it’s gonna be kinda shitty anyway because spring over and F31’s).

Have 1.7” of preload on 500/500 front springs—sound like correct ballpark?
I had 4” 500 over 16” 600 on my ranger, that’s what Helton told me they used at blitz for the ranger kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Turboyota

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
SO you had about 5" of travel @ 275ish spring rate then ent strait to 600? Good thing it was in the front, hard to control the rebound with that cluster.

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Got the dome light installed with a bunch of me yelling Fuckkkk. Good thing the kid wired it up for me. Dam light is bright from Amazon. Bought 600lb springs and extended ends now when I gather items for links. Good race dezert steal! Thanks Rouse for the ad!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds