Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
So this past Friday, May 10th, I picked up my rack and pinion. Took the old rack out and installed this silver painted dick suck rack from Vatozone. The boy out and help too.. or should I say picked up tools a threw in the garage. So fucking angry the pump quit working so power steering job was not complete after all.

Time: Approx 3 hours

Music: Slayer station on Pandora

The following day my son convinced me to let him grade the property. Well I thought he'd fuck this one up but surprise surprise he did a great job..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
So in the meantime I've had serious DR withdrawals since the site has been down.. Last night I grabbed a new pump from Vatozone. So had the kid help jack up the truck. In order to remove the pump I had to remove drivers wheel and unbolt the IBP from the lower and push shock to the side. While doing this I smashed the floor jack handle into his head which I believe was on the verge of a concussion. He mentioned he wanted to throw up.. oops my bad. So now we have power steering. Not convinced I have all the air out completely. Major pain in the dick I'd say..

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
I thought the dirt looked extra pretty when I stopped by to drop off those spindles! Lol I almost felt bad putting footprints down haha

You get the steering working good enough to come down to Jump Champs or what?!

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
I also picked up a Lincoln 250 migger about a month ago and have started to practice a little. I still suck at it lol.

Anyone purchase a craftsman 4.5" grinder before? I bought one because lowes was out of stock with the dewalt one. Anyone like or dislike it? Much better than my shitty harbor freight one.

Attachments

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Ok guys I need some help here..

Replaced the power steering rack because the ford one had too much shimmy. It was worn out like most women I've dated lol..

So 3 pumps later and rack from Vatozone. I now have a slight shimmy when turning side to side but not like before. Like every Ford pump it whines like a some bitch oh well.. Flushed the system a dozen of times. Yes mercon fluid in it, filter on the return line to the pump and I've gotten all the air out of the system. I did have a ton of metal in the system prior so maybe the new rack has shit in it now and I should take the rack back to exchange it for another one. Filter went on when I replaced the pump for a 3rd time.

Any thoughts besides hearing it's A Armed for the 539th and I should of used beams.. Hahah

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds