Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Ok so big day for 35s and outlaw II wheels.

Weighed the baja t/a tire and wheel comb. 75.2 lbs on my fat people scale. Then I weighed the outlaw II wheel and 35" tire. A 13 lb per tire/wheel difference. Super stoked on these wheel I got from Rouse. Thanks papa bear.

Kid helped until one tire fell over and smashed his toe.. call 911 call 911 now (that's a funny story).

What a difference wheels and tires look now. One of my favorite old school wheel of all time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Another task is checked off today was adding a power steering cooler. This is a trial run so no making fun of my lack of cooler size.

For the longest time I've dealt with a hotter than hell pissed off power steering pump and rack. I've gone through 4 pumps now and 2 racks since this truck entered shop de Rouse Favlb. Ran the truck for 30 minutes and the return hose, oem cooler and high pressure hose were extremely hot. I could not even touch it for very long..

This is only a test run at this.. purchased a Hayden automotive power steering cooler from Amazon. The kit came with everything but I added an enormous amounts of f words to the installation procedures. I used the oem plus the Hayden cooler cause fuck why not. I attached the cooler to the bottom drivers side of the a/c condenser. Few zip ties along the way and boom done.

Ran truck for 45 minutes. The system is much coooler now whether that is better or not I dont know. I didn't have a way to check temp difference before and after either. But now cool enough for my 11 year old to hold the line forever. So we will see how power steering behaves for now before I upgrade to a better cooler.

Reactions: SoupGFX

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Did the cooler fix the whine? Fighting that on a new pump right now and it does not seem to matter what fluid I use.
I used mercon V plus this cooler. I think it helped alot. There is a slight whine but definitely not like before. For a 15 bucks it was worth a shot. I've gone through 4 pumps and the dam lines were hotter than hell. I will eventually move to a bigger cooler. For now this little guy help. I'd recommended trying a bigger one. I did use this along with the oem cooler too.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
B.g. makes a fluid additive that stops a lot of pump noise. The o.e.m.s also used restictors and would add hose length to get rid of wine. I worked for a dodge dealership as a service tech. One of the t.s.b.s that dodge issued for pump noise was to add a loop about 3 ft long to the return side after the cooler. We would run it between cooler and reservoir. It worked. Looked hillbilly as fuck though.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds