Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
Ok so big day for 35s and outlaw II wheels.

Weighed the baja t/a tire and wheel comb. 75.2 lbs on my fat people scale. Then I weighed the outlaw II wheel and 35" tire. A 13 lb per tire/wheel difference. Super stoked on these wheel I got from Rouse. Thanks papa bear.

Kid helped until one tire fell over and smashed his toe.. call 911 call 911 now (that's a funny story).

What a difference wheels and tires look now. One of my favorite old school wheel of all time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice Falken tires Bro!! Serously though they are great and last forever, I them on 4 of my 5 vehicles good bang for your buck and way way better then the old Falken AT's

Reactions: bajaf250

Turtle Bite

Nov 3, 2018
West Richland, WA
Mine is a 94, but it appears to be the same design pump. Part that kills me is I replaced the pump because it leaked, but it was fairly quiet. New one whined immediately and whines when stone cold. Has not gotten better with bleeding. My Ford factory service manual says ATF or Power Steering fluid is acceptable. I have tried Valvoline and Lucas power steering fluid. I will have to try the cooler and switch to ATF and see if it helps. I should have just repaired the leaking fitting on my old pump, should have known the re-man pumps are just not the same quality as OEM Ford stuff.

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Mine is a 94, but it appears to be the same design pump. Part that kills me is I replaced the pump because it leaked, but it was fairly quiet. New one whined immediately and whines when stone cold. Has not gotten better with bleeding. My Ford factory service manual says ATF or Power Steering fluid is acceptable. I have tried Valvoline and Lucas power steering fluid. I will have to try the cooler and switch to ATF and see if it helps. I should have just repaired the leaking fitting on my old pump, should have known the re-man pumps are just not the same quality as OEM Ford stuff.
The pump still has a noise but not like before. Before you could here is 8 cars away. Now I notice it when stand in the front of the truck. Brokota bought a much larger cooler and seems to be happy with it.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
On the factory lines. If there appears to be a crimp in the middle of the line that is a restrictor. Don't remember if Ford used them on the ranger. Many of the aftermarket replacements don't have them and will cause noise without them. I am assuming that you probably have a replacement hose. It will have the restrictor on the pressure side if you have one at all.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
And yes replacement pumps suck ass. Try cal state auto parts. They supply the dealers here in San Diego. They are distributors for motor craft parts.

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
On the factory lines. If there appears to be a crimp in the middle of the line that is a restrictor. Don't remember if Ford used them on the ranger. Many of the aftermarket replacements don't have them and will cause noise without them. I am assuming that you probably have a replacement hose. It will have the restrictor on the pressure side if you have one at all.
I've replaced everything power steering multiple times. So far I'm happy with it as of now.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds