Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

jeepspeed

Mega Member
Dec 29, 2004
Phoenix Arizona
I still maintain that cutting a pie into the top of the rivet with a 4.5” grinder, then use an air hammer to shear off the pie pieces, then switch bits and air hammer out the rivet is by far the fastest and cleanest technique.

2 minutes each. Fucking done.
Agreed. Also if applicable, I just use an abrasive grinding wheel and grind the head completely flush. And then hit it with a punch/hammer.

Reactions: Turboyota

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Burn all the way through the middle then air hammer the thinned nub.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Hmmm maybe ill play with it if i have the time to see what's fastest. I can't really use the air hammer method with my sleeping son on the other side of the wall (which is usually the only time i get to work on the bronco lol.) But grinding is also probably too loud sooo that ends up being a wash. may bust out the air hammer after all.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Hmmm maybe ill play with it if i have the time to see what's fastest. I can't really use the air hammer method with my sleeping son on the other side of the wall (which is usually the only time i get to work on the bronco lol.) But grinding is also probably too loud sooo that ends up being a wash. may bust out the air hammer after all.
You can go full thrust but its easy to slip and rip the edge of the hole. Then no one is happy

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Turboyota

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds