Project: "Turboyota" (Tur-BRO-yota would probably be more accurate)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Q: Does the carpet match the drapes?
A: Is it 1985? Fucking carpet??? Yucky.

I’m stoked about how well it wrapped around the floor tubes.
I may(or may not) try some nice ‘80’s brown vinyl paint on the door panels...

Also,

I made the other spindle clevis:

^^^ cut quality looks like I had a fucking seizure during the prasma cutting operation...

Cleaned up alright, though:

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
If only that door panel was for a 4runner I would hunt down a brown one for you. I need a good grey one in that style but with the 2nd handle hole for a 4runner. That is the only part of my interior that has a rip.

I have used the grey interior dye/paint on the rear cargo panels in the 4runner. Worked pretty good. Been a couple years now with no issues. The original color faded to almost green. Prepped and sprayed with grey and they looked awesome. Now they are covered in dust and still look great.

Did a second set for a friends runner also with same good results.

They do not see as much wear as a door panel though so who knows how long it would last for you.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
If only that door panel was for a 4runner I would hunt down a brown one for you. I need a good grey one in that style but with the 2nd handle hole for a 4runner. That is the only part of my interior that has a rip.

I have used the grey interior dye/paint on the rear cargo panels in the 4runner. Worked pretty good. Been a couple years now with no issues. The original color faded to almost green. Prepped and sprayed with grey and they looked awesome. Now they are covered in dust and still look great.

They do not see as much wear as a door panel though so who knows how long it would last for you.
Which dye stuff did you use? I keep thinking about doing the interior of my tundra in black.

Sean

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa

Thanks Shane! Lemme know if you happen upon any tan/brown door panels.

Shoot, I need a brown dash piece as well...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds