Project: "Turboyota" (Tur-BRO-yota would probably be more accurate)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
How is the blade life on your evolution saw? I can't seem to keep the blades from burning up in my rage 2. I tried light pressure with a little lube, burnt a blade up. Got it sharpened and then tried heavier pressure and lube, burnt it up. That was on both the factory multi purpose blade and the steel blade. I was only cutting crap hot rolled from the homeless despot.

Sean
On blade #2 after about a year of moderate use. Blade 2 is nearing expiration.

I am not sure how to quantify cutting pressure, but I’d say I usually take around 5 seconds to cut through 1.75x0.120wall chromoly tube.

No lube. Ever. No spit, no KY, no silicone-based butthole lube, no flavored bullshit trendy tropical muffmunching horseshit, no PAM, nothing. Fucking dry.

So far I have built the entire Mobza which was like 250ft of 4130 tube, a couple hundred feet of handrails made from black pipe and welded seam poverty tube, a couple gates, and my son uses it to cut 2x4’s and pvc pipe pretty regularly. Lots of other little things thrown in there.

I find that clamp pressure and eliminating tube spinnage or slippage is of paramount importance. You can hear the carbide teeth departing if the shitty clamp/vise isn’t tight enough and the workpiece moves at all.

Vise sucks a bushel of dicks. There is no quick way to open or close the vise. Threads on the moving side are shitty. Stationary nut that said threads gall into is also shitty. Vise handle completes the shittiness trifecta.

Fucking thing is loud enough to wake the fucking dead. The little chips it produces are hot and sharp.

Overall I like the saw. It makes nice cuts. Beats the fuck outta a 14” chopsaw all day.

1/4” wall 2” tube? No problem.
3” 304 stainless tube. Noooooo biiiiiiig deal.
2”x6” c-channel? Owned it.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
On blade #2 after about a year of moderate use. Blade 2 is nearing expiration.

I am not sure how to quantify cutting pressure, but I’d say I usually take around 5 seconds to cut through 1.75x0.120wall chromoly tube.

No lube. Ever. No spit, no KY, no silicone-based butthole lube, no flavored bullshit trendy tropical muffmunching horseshit, no PAM, nothing. Fucking dry.

So far I have built the entire Mobza which was like 250ft of 4130 tube, a couple hundred feet of handrails made from black pipe and welded seam poverty tube, a couple gates, and my son uses it to cut 2x4’s and pvc pipe pretty regularly. Lots of other little things thrown in there.

I find that clamp pressure and eliminating tube spinnage or slippage is of paramount importance. You can hear the carbide teeth departing if the shitty clamp/vise isn’t tight enough and the workpiece moves at all.

Vise sucks a bushel of dicks. There is no quick way to open or close the vise. Threads on the moving side are shitty. Stationary nut that said threads gall into is also shitty. Vise handle completes the shittiness trifecta.

Fucking thing is loud enough to wake the fucking dead. The little chips it produces are hot and sharp.

Overall I like the saw. It makes nice cuts. Beats the fuck outta a 14” chopsaw all day.

1/4” wall 2” tube? No problem.
3” 304 stainless tube. Noooooo biiiiiiig deal.
2”x6” c-channel? Owned it.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars
Ok, I may be limp wristing it then.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds