Project: "Turboyota" (Tur-BRO-yota would probably be more accurate)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I was wondering why you didn't build a tubular upper with some round 1.5" or 1.75" .120 chromoly?
Whats the advantage of a boxed upper?
Reason 1:
In bending and buckling, square and rectangular cross sections are stronger than round cross sections of the same section height and comparable wall thickness.

Unfortunately, I used some shitty thin wall tube that was sitting around and hoped it would be strong enough. We see how that turned out.

Reason 2:
I had 3/4-16 bungs that fit into the square tube. I did not have bungs for beefier 1.5” tube. I tend to use whatever I happen to have on-hand.

Reactions: dose

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Time: 4.5 hours
Beers: 6 Coors Lights
Parking brake delete weight savings: 4 lbs

Needs the A-Pillars and windshield /\ painted, windshield installed, battery tied down, and dash installed.

And my AEM wideband AFR gauge isn’t working. Fuckingcocksucker!

I FUCKING HATE that this truck still has leaf springs. Leaf springs are gayer than AIDS.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Should have listened to Me and back halved it so you could be staring at an unfinished truck for another 6 months.

Those skinny rear tires make it look gay, spoon some 12.5 AT's on, will look much less gay.

Jun 3, 2004
Corona, Ca
www.mullenfabworks.com
Before: 86 Toyota Pickup. Beat to shit. Needs a rebuild. 420k miles. $6900. *sells over asking*

After: 86 Toyota Pickup. Badass motherfucking prerunner. $15k in parts. 6969 hours building. 2k beers consumed. $4000. *buyers haggle*

Being on a work from home schedule since Friday, I burned through this whole thread. It was quite entertaining and made me want to build another pickup. Jolly good work, sir.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds