Project Zoom Zoom

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
I had a buddy of mine filled up a spare full of water once but I guess it makes sense now. Might have to try it until I gather some parts.

Definitely need to relocate the battery as well, the inner fender's pretty caved in from the accident.

After Jump Champs I'll be keeping an eye out for 14" 2.5's and a couple wheels for spares. The plan is keep her leaf sprung on f150 leaves again, dual stand ups, hf jack, and maybe a storage container behind the cab for firewood, etc. Simple, fun, and functional.

Oh annnnnd I kinda just ordered some 33 10.5 Toyo MT's that should be here by the weekend so there's that lol oops. The tires probably cost more than I have in the whole truck at this point haha

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
So just to catch up on the thread a bit now that Tapatalk and DR seem to be working again...

So the fifth and final weekend of prep for Jump Champs included mounting the Toyo's, clearancing the inner fenders as much as I could, checking tire pressure, cutting up firewood, tinkering with some electrical stuff, and just getting any last little thing done that I could think of.

I had to test out the new tires and take her for one last shakedown run before the race. Tires made a night and day difference! Not only with traction, but the way it rode too. It felt like I had suspension again haha. Well... some. As much as stick travel allows lol

When I got back and looked everything over, everything looked a-okay except the battery came loose. From my last accident with the truck, it deformed the inner fender, in turn deforming the battery tray. I bent, pulled, smashed, tightened, tested, and retightened the best I could. It would have to do.

Sunday night came around all too quick. All I could do was park it, sit back, and wait to come back and pick her up the following Friday for race weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds