Project Zoom Zoom

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
Been out of town a lot lately, but on the odd occasion that I'm home for a night or two I've been tinkering around on the truck for what I can. Even took it out hiking once or twice just because I can.

The amazing night temps out here in Apple Valley lately really lit a fire under my ass and I figured out the wiring to the light bar.

Toyed around with the idea of mounting a temporary rear facing light, but eh.

Cut off the old light bar tabs

And trying to make tabs I had laying around work, but they're not happening. I'll have to pick up some different ones next time I'm down the hill.

Lastly for now, I'm working on gluing my air bag cover back together to help the interior look a little nicer again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SoupGFX

bajaf250

Mar 23, 2016
High Desert, Ca
Been out of town a lot lately, but on the odd occasion that I'm home for a night or two I've been tinkering around on the truck for what I can. Even took it out hiking once or twice just because I can.

The amazing night temps out here in Apple Valley lately really lit a fire under my ass and I figured out the wiring to the light bar.

Toyed around with the idea of mounting a temporary rear facing light, but eh.

Cut off the old light bar tabs

And trying to make tabs I had laying around work, but they're not happening. I'll have to pick up some different ones next time I'm down the hill.

Lastly for now, I'm working on gluing my air bag cover back together to help the interior look a little nicer again.

Bro I have that air bag still if you need one. Colors will be a little different though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
Been a while!

Got the airbag cover all glued back together and looking pretty. Matter of fact, the interior doesn't look half bad. Just need a steering wheel already and it might actually look normal again.

Got the third brake light working again

Got the light bar mounted up finally

And got really drunk and threw the truck sideways into a creosote bush sometime shortly after lol

Unfortunately I wasn't aware how much I was neglecting my Subaru and I noticed this while doing my last oil change

So naturally I found some ko2's to mount up and got it aligned asap

Ordered up a 1" lift, fresh struts, inner and outer tie rods, and all kinds of other maintenance goodies. I've been driving this thing into the ground lately, it's about time I showed it some love.

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
So I scored some freebie ifp's with a 13" stroke that'll work great to match the budget rebuild as a "temporary" solution haha

Guess it's almost time to start planning on a bed cage!

Apologies for all the inaccuracies (like my terrible shackle angle at full bump), but correct me if I'm wrong, the shock should be mounted 90 degrees from the leaves at full bump right?

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
draw an imaginary line from the frame side leaf mount (our left) to the lower shock mount bolt, to be truly 90degrees, this is the line you need your shock to be perpendicular too. Current picture shows it having a slightly regressive rate, you would need to lean your shock slightly forward to get to 90.... This is only if you are going to be anal retentive nit picky, truthfully it'll be fine the way it is drawn.

Reactions: UmmYeahItsMe147

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
Got back from seeing some giant freaking trees, and disassembly for December Jump Champs officially happened tonight!

I'm committed now, too, because the shock mount stud stripped out super bad and I just decided to cut the thing off instead of screwing around.

So here goes nothing I guess! Time to put on the Fabtech 2.25's in the coil buckets up front, and make some simple shock hoops, mount the Fox 2.0 ifp's, and do a leaf spring swap out back.

Up front I also need to redo my limit straps, gusset the bump pads, and replace my bump stops.

Out back I'm kinda second guessing notching the frame, but I'll think more about that after cycling the f150 leaves.

I may replacr all four bump stops with Wheeler's Super Bumps too. I've read really good things about them besides longevity. But for the price it seems like a good direction to consider.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
1. Did you source the rebuild kits for those dirt logic shocks? I’d recommend shockseals.com, or bring them to my shop and we will take them apart and then you can get seals at O-Rings & Things in Fontucky.

2. You have the 1/4” plate upper front shock mounts I botched together for FatBrent, right?

3. What is your plan for fabricating rear shock hoops?

UmmYeahItsMe147

Mar 2, 2006
Big Bear Lake, CA
...botched together for FatBrent, right?
I'm assuming you're referring to pink crossmember Brent?

1. I haven't yet. I was planning on rebuilding all 4 shocks at the same time though, so when I do I'll hit you up for sure!

2. Yup. Still have them on the shelf collecting dust right next to the shocks. Gonna start opening up the coil bucket after work today.

3. My roommate's got a mig welder, but I'm still scratching my head on where to get a couple tubes bent. Want some beer?!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds