Racing TK or RZR?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
So my son is getting to the age of racing either a TK or a RZR 170, anyone on here have their kids racing either one yet? What are your thought ?

A friend of mines son used raced TK for a few years and has stepped up to a Pro buggy now, we talked about it and he said if he was to do it over again he would go RZR 170 over the TK but really couldn’t say why he would. Looking to see what anyone else has gathered. I don’t know anyone racing Rzr 170 that I could ask.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
If you go rzr 170, buy two because your gunna need the second as a parts car. They fucking break all the damn time when racing. I have 4 buddy’s that have kids who race/raced them. They are now getting a rzr 570 class started (or have really) which will be speed limited and they hold up a hell of a lot better. TK last and are way smoother imho.

Brandon_Charley

OG Member
Dec 4, 2006
Huntington Beach
I have a little girl on the way and am crossing my fingers that she will want to try racing. I was wondering what the natural progression out of TKs is. With the little RZR she could jump up to bigger SxS classes, TKs seem like they plateau.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
I have a little girl on the way and am crossing my fingers that she will want to try racing. I was wondering what the natural progression out of TKs is. With the little RZR she could jump up to bigger SxS classes, TKs seem like they plateau.
From what I have seen they either move to limited buggies, pro buggies, or pro-lite. Just depends on the family and team they are coming from to support the program.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
So I ended up getting a TK the other day for my son. Pretty much race ready and lots of spares for a really good deal. I showed my Son this afternoon and he was super excited. So since it just raced, myself and him will take it apart and prep it to learn all the ins and outs of these things along with spending some shop time together working on it during the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dirt E Dreamer

redeyeracing619

Jun 13, 2010
San Diego
congrats! i also recently got my son a TK . he and i tore it down as father/son project, not all the way because it had been prepped right before i bought it, but to make the cockpit custom to him and with a lil room to grow. we're planning on racing also, i still need to do more research on when and where the races will be held. how old is your son? i have a really nice jr full containment ultra shield seat that my son is too big for. looks like there's a nice seat in there, but if you're interested shoot me a pm.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
My son is only 6, so we have some time before he can legally race. I have some land so I am in the process of building a track here at my house for him to practice on. I just got finished tearing mine down to a bare chassis tonight with the help of my son as well, so it’s been fun father / son project for us when I can keep his attention!

the two series I have looked into is the Regionals and then the dirt series as well. Looks like you can run them both to keep them busy racing.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds