Ranger Coilover Installation Kit

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

BSIgmc

Dec 4, 2006
Chico, CA
I designed this kit for a customers truck that I did a long travel installation on and figured there might be others out there that want the same thing. Basically all Ranger XLT long travel kits out there require cutting out the coil bucket, gusseting the crappy stock UCA mounts, welding weld washers on them, and custom making an upper shock mount. So I wanted to make a pre-fabricated kit that takes all the thinking out of doing all that plus you end up with a cleaner finished product in the end. And in turn you turn a 3 day job into a 1 day job. And as far as Ive seen all of the kit manufacturers out there do not offer anything to do all this with their kits besides some little UCA gussets.

So what I would be selling is the template to mark out where to cut the frame, the laser cut and formed frame plates, new upper arm tabs that locate into the frame plates with tabs and slots that place them in the exact location of the stock mounts which most kits are built around, but eliminate the adjustment slot and need for weld washers, and fabricated shock towers.

It is designed to work with any brand long travel kit that uses the stock UCA mounting locations for their kit (Camburg, Blitz., etc)

$450 for the kit. I am looking to just gauge interest in this and if it is popular I will make more but for now I will just do a small run of them.

Feel free to ask questions or add suggestions for improvements.

socalkid92

Nov 9, 2010
National City, CA
This would be awesome. I'm gonna be installing a long travel kit soon and I'm not looking forward to doing all the plate work haha $450 is not bad at all for the amount of work people would save.

BSIgmc

Dec 4, 2006
Chico, CA
Would it also come with the crossover bar or nah?
No crossbar. Just because there could be slight variances when it is installed which would make it difficult to make the crossbar fit. But there are tabs on the back/top of the shock towers to attach the bar to.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds