ranger wiring

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

johnnyp91

Sep 10, 2010
LHC
Alright here we go I have a 90 ranger class7s and im stuck on the wiring I found a 90 exploder for the harness I have kept my old eng harness and comp it is a manual trans
and the exploder is a auto, What wires do i have to change if any? So all i have is the eec and the distribution box no dash harness or all the other stuff, the truck will crank
over but no spark, any help on this would be great

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
get yourself a good wiring diagram... The harness doesnt matter if its auto or manual... you just wont plug in the trans plug to anything... if you are willing to re-wire the cab since its a race truck, you can take out everything from the firewall back. Then trace the wires to the computer that are important... keep all motor sensors, and then there should be a handful of power and ground wires that you will need to hook up to make the engine run. Really not that hard. takes a good 20hrs of cutting up the harness if you dont know what your doing.

johnnyp91

Sep 10, 2010
LHC
Hey thanks for getting back so fast , I have about 100hr on the wiring the first harness I boned bad, the new harness I took care of how it went in and did not cut any wires that i did not know
were they went, so long story short I was down to one plug and could not find were it went, went to the bone yard and found it to be for the tranny like you said, chased all wires down css was jumped
and still no spark, Well and this is stupid of me but I put in the old edis6 in and it fired right off, but thanks for the reply

GREGASAURUS REX

Hey, where's Perry?
Sep 22, 2006
SAN JACINTO, CA
hey thanks for getting back so fast , i have about 100hr on the wiring the first harness i boned bad, the new harness i took care of how it went in and did not cut any wires that i did not know
were they went, so long story short i was down to one plug and could not find were it went, went to the bone yard and found it to be for the tranny like you said, chased all wires down css was jumped
and still no spark, well and this is stupid of me but i put in the old edis6 in and it fired right off, but thanks for the reply
wtf?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds