Rusty Red

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I wanted 4:88, but they were out of stock everywhere!! I had back orders with multiple vendors and they all failed to produce.

She is definitely going to sing on the freeway. Calculator shows 2700ish RPM at 75.
It probably won't be too bad. My truck runs 2600ish at 80 and its way more tolerable than being stuck at 2000 rpm with a drone or booming exhaust.

Sean

Reactions: SByota

SByota

Jul 16, 2003

Front differential finished and installed. Front end going together quick now!

What a pain in the ass!! I overshot the pinion bearing preload the first time and had to get a new pinion seal. I almost said fuck it, but I knew it would burn up, probably at the worst time possible.

It’s all together and installed now. Specs are all in range and the pattern looked good.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Damn bro!
Awesome, Ive always been scared of that job and left it to the shops, nice work.
Setup bearings and solid pinion sleeves with spacers really make it easier (imo) It is still tedious as hell... This diff sucks big donkey balls to setup and to even get it in the damn truck.

Sean

Reactions: SByota

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
She’s got front legs again. One more day to put the brakes, fenders and steering rack on it and it’s onto the back half. Trying real hard to get it driving by the end of January. I have my annual trip to KOH and want to take it with me. It won’t have the cab cage yet, but will have at least the external C pillar and bed cage.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds