Rusty Red

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SByota

Jul 16, 2003

Started tearing out the spaghetti mess of wiring on the drivers side. Truck had some aftermarket stupid anti theft module. Some neck beard definitely installed it, T taps and wire nuts. Yanked all that shit out and cleaned up the factory harness some.

Speedo still doesn’t work. Verified the speed sensor it working, wiring is good, odometer works, just no speedo. Everything points to a bad speedo. The brain for all the gauges is in odometer, pulled it out of the cluster, nothing obviously wrong. I ebayed a new cluster for $100, hopefully that works.

Started on the valve cover gaskets since they are leaking really bad, so bad it smokes when the oil drips on the exhaust. Came apart fast, nothing exciting under the valve covers.

[mention]Blood Eagle [/mention] [mention]Turboyota [/mention] [mention]dose [/mention] or any other Toyota bros, what’s a good timing belt kit for the 3.4. I’m going to do the timing belt/water pump while I have the motor apart. Took a peak at the timing belt and it looks pretty old/weathered.

dalandser

Sep 30, 2017
Good idea with the upper through bolt - thinking about making a similar system with cutting out most of the shock tower since the coilovers on my truck have a hoop they're mounted to.

Reactions: SByota

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Timing belt/valve cover job finally done. All put back together. Started right up and nothing is leaking. Rebuild the bottom part of the bumper that I cut off to fit the front diff in. Made some skid plates and painted everything.

The minion even helped me install some of the lights today. He even wanted to clean it, big fan of PPE.

I’m going real fancy and using China weather packs on the wiring this time. The kit and crimper I got are actually pretty nice, definitely a step up from the shitty spade connectors I was using. The porch protection detail was keeping me safe.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds