Rusty Red

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
The compression valve stack that was in the rear bypass. Seems super soft even with the rate plate. Also too much going on for me. Piston has only one bleed hole, it’s open
ABBC5A3F-6DAD-4D2A-B279-7AC07B4A3CF1.jpeg

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^lil fluttery 10 stack. Might work for grandma. hahah

I would def try some 12's and 15's like suggested. I'd lean more towards 15's... but depends what you are doing too...

Reactions: SByota

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I have 12’s in the back of my toyota and the top and middle bypass tubes are almost all the way closed.

I have a couple 0.090”(~ish) holes in the ride-height-zone poppet, and a single bleed hole in the bottom tube poppet.

Edit: 15’s were too stiff without the roof top tent. They probably would be just about perfect now.

Reactions: SByota

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Without a lot of weight out back start with .012 compression and .008 rebound, and drill the long compression tube popper out to 1/8” center hole for bleed control.

Plastic poppets are the standard in the Prerunner series 2.5” Kings, and they still clank like hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only have one compression tube, can you explain the concept of drilling the poppet?

@partybarge_pilot @Turboyota @FasterNU feel free to chime in too. I love shock talk and like to maximize how well the shock works.

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
It lets fluid flow through the bp tube without having to overcome the spring pressure. Since the tubes terminate at the same position at the top of the body, drill out the rebound tube poppet instead of the comp poppet for a little more “total” comp flow. Then you’ll still have an effective droop zone.

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Or add another tube.......

Single tubes don't flow enough to run really aggressive base valving.
Definitely not adding another tube at this point. I’m trying to maximize my time and get this thing in the dirt.
Mixed opinions here on which tube to drill the poppet, maybe both. Seems likes it’s beneficial to do the rebound side and leave the comp side alone.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds