SCORE class rules?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Snake760

Mar 23, 2013
Indio
So I'm building a Tacoma and don't know what class I'm going to fit in. Its full frame and running leaf springs. Stock 4 banger for now but was thinking of doing a v8 swap because some people were telling its legal now but I don't know what are the official rule. And I want it to be SCORE legal cause I know some of the other association are different. Thanks

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I don't know what the current rules with SCORE are for their class 2000 but if you stick to a stock V6 and smaller, you'll 100% be legal to race in any series... SCORE, SNORE, MORE, BITD. The first 3 have class 2000, snore and more don't have an engine limitation so you could run a V8. I'm not positive what SCORE's motor rule is these days. BITD, you need to be V6 and stock to be legal in 7100 which is the class/org. we race in. We prefer the motor rule cause it keeps the budget a bit more reasonable have the trucks a bit more grounded because of the rules. Trust me, I'd LOVE a V8 in our truck but we don't really want to open that can of worms and don't want to deal with the snowball that follows it. We like lining up in 7100 BITD knowing we're competitive and even when we are down on power compared to the others, it's never much and we just expect our chassis/suspension to make up for that difference when things get bumpy.

Snake760

Mar 23, 2013
Indio
I don't know what the current rules with SCORE are for their class 2000 but if you stick to a stock V6 and smaller, you'll 100% be legal to race in any series... SCORE, SNORE, MORE, BITD. The first 3 have class 2000, snore and more don't have an engine limitation so you could run a V8. I'm not positive what SCORE's motor rule is these days. BITD, you need to be V6 and stock to be legal in 7100 which is the class/org. we race in. We prefer the motor rule cause it keeps the budget a bit more reasonable have the trucks a bit more grounded because of the rules. Trust me, I'd LOVE a V8 in our truck but we don't really want to open that can of worms and don't want to deal with the snowball that follows it. We like lining up in 7100 BITD knowing we're competitive and even when we are down on power compared to the others, it's never much and we just expect our chassis/suspension to make up for that difference when things get bumpy.
Thanks that's what I wanted to know, in snore and more with the no engine limit limitation, is forced induction aloud?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds