Silvia the Silver Slut - 2003 Toyota Tundra

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I think it fits your truck better anyway, Tundras don't strike me as "old school" even though some are pushing 20 years old but that's not old anyway right?
I was thinking the same. Old school did not sound right when speaking of the tundra. Maybe I am in denial because I still drive mine. Only reason is I cant think of a truck I would rather have in its place. My wife keeps bugging me to get one because we have bought her a few new cars and she feels bad wanting another while I drive my same old truck.

May just do a paint job, some new rims and clean her up like new.

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
A 2003 tundra, or 2003 anything for that matter is not what I would call old school either. I was referring more to my style/preference of parts and the way trucks look as old school, not so much the vehicle itself. I was going to run some old red ring Hella HID’s, I had 4 of them on a nice rack but sold them to someone from Arciero’s shop. The original plan was to build a whole new front bumper when it got caged and run the hella’s but ran out of money for the build when the cage work went way over budget.
The single lay down spare I view as old school-ish as well as keeping it leaf sprung. The total chaos kit with 2.5 shocks, the old Mickey Thompson wheels.
Basically my goal with the truck is to build something that DR would think was sick as fuck back in ~2005, when I was a dumbass kid that just graduated high school and thought my ranger on bent beams and deavers was the cats pajamas. 🤙🏼

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
The fuckery continues! I knew I should have taken the coil overs off at my buddy’s when it was there for 10 days. Oh well.
All that’s left is rebuild the 4 front shocks. Went to take them off last night. Driver side came off relatively easy. 1 coil bucket bolt broke after I got it out and put it in the ground.
Passenger side, first 2 nuts thread off no problem. Last nut said fuck you. Nut wouldn’t move, tack weld on the bolt head broke. Currently deciding between sawzall and plasma to cut this bitch out. I might be able to throw some more weld on the bolt head and try to thread the nut off again. But that fucker did not want to turn. And it’s in such a fucked spot. What would you guys do??

Bottom side, behind the coilover

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Gonna hit it with the sawzall later today when I get back home. If I can’t get it with that, I’ll buy a hackzall. Been wanting one of guys for a while.

Reactions: ljubera0250

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Gonna hit it with the sawzall later today when I get back home. If I can’t get it with that, I’ll buy a hackzall. Been wanting one of guys for a while.
My dad had a sawzall growing up. My brother bought one, too, a few years ago. I bought the hackzall and within 2 weeks my brother bought one (get the m18 fuel version. The pivoting shoe is a great feature). Tons of power, it runs so much smoother. It's really impressive how little vibration there actually is. And it fits in places skillsawz cant

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds