Silvia the Silver Slut - 2003 Toyota Tundra

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
My dad had a sawzall growing up. My brother bought one, too, a few years ago. I bought the hackzall and within 2 weeks my brother bought one (get the m18 fuel version. The pivoting shoe is a great feature). Tons of power, it runs so much smoother. It's really impressive how little vibration there actually is. And it fits in places skillsawz cant
That’s the one I’m looking at. I’ll probably buy it regardless. It’s a very useful tool to add to the arsenal.

Reactions: ljubera0250

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Gave that bitch the old what-for with the sawzall. Cut the head off and the rest of the nut unthreaded with ease. Fucking lock nuts. About to head to Total Chaos and mckenzies for some more money spending.
Hoping to have it all back together before Friday and hit Lucerne on Saturday. That’s really on the powder coater though. I’m having the springs and spring retainers/collars powder coated, they were corroded as fuck and it’s cheaper than buying new springs. I’m getting really excited for this season of desert shenanigans. 🤘🏼

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Let’s talk shocks for a minute since I know a lot of you guys like to nerd out on it.
I revalved the rear shocks. King 3.0 16” triple bypass with overlapping comp tubes. Race series externals, prerun series internals.
They came valved at a straight 15/12.
First trip out, both comp tubes and the rebound tube got turned out all the way. Still too stiff all around but fucking TITS on jumps. Rebound was way too slow still.

Swapped the 12 stack on rebound for a full 10 stack. Went down to .012 on the comp stack on the 3 largest shims, added a flutter and kept the rest .015 for the big hits. It feels a heck of a lot better on the street and freeway. I’m excited to see how it feels in the dirt.

Oh and there are no free bleeds open on the pistons.

From my notes:

Old valving
Full 15/12

New comp valving
.012x205
.012x115f
.012x190
.012x175
.015x160
.015x145
.015x130
.015x115

New rebound
10 stack

Last edited:

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Soft or stiff springs?

Bleed poppet in the short tube.

With overlapping tubes you should be able to run a 15 stack without getting harsh on the chatter unless it has stiff springs.
That’s on leaf springs, good sir. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.
But yes, it was pretty harsh on the chatter bumps before

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds