Silvia the Silver Slut - 2003 Toyota Tundra

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Isn't that just like saying "D. All of the above"?
Not really, if your in jail your not homeless. If your dead you cant go to rehab or care about housing.

A long time ago my buddy and I developed the 3 categories for bro's we hadn't seen in a long time.

Married
Dead
Jail

Pretty much still covers them all, unfortunately more than a few have switched to dead from the other 2.

Reactions: ljubera0250

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Have any of you ever seen a shock guy grease the C clips on shocks?

I’ve been opening up shocks for about 6 years now and have never seen that before. Have you?

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
I will tell you I’ve been building shocks pretty regularly for about 5 years and I’ve never done anything other then lube Orings with shock oil

Attachments

Reactions: DP_Ranger

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
never seen any grease... seen some anti-seize on seal heads that have thread on wiper caps. But clip areas always dry

But, you know... maybe it could help prevent some rust in those grooves. orrrr... attract dirt? I'll let someone else figure that out. heheh

Reactions: DP_Ranger

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
never seen any grease... seen some anti-seize on seal heads that have thread on wiper caps. But clip areas always dry

But, you know... maybe it could help prevent some rust in those grooves. orrrr... attract dirt? I'll let someone else figure that out. heheh
Haha! These shocks hadn’t pulled apart in 2 years and other than really dirty oil, there was nothing wrong inside. That was a doozy

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
I used to use a Lucas Oil silicon grease on the o rings to help prevent cuts or nicks during assembly and have since switched to a Maxima brand product, but typically that is the leftover grease getting stuck on the C clip as the seal head or resi end caps slide up to where it needs to be. Helps prevent leaks and corrosion from my experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
I used to use a Lucas Oil silicon grease on the o rings to help prevent cuts or nicks during assembly and have since switched to a Maxima brand product, but typically that is the leftover grease getting stuck on the C clip as the seal head or resi end caps slide up to where it needs to be. Helps prevent leaks and corrosion from my experiences

Ahhh gotcha. The shocks didn’t leak a single drop and there was no corrosion anywhere 👍🏼

Reactions: ljubera0250

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Was i the last one to service them? Haha

Yes, I haven’t touched them since I got them from Sherwin lol. Oil was a little dirty but other than that, all good.
My coilovers though, made me see why you do that. The C-clip was starting to seize and corrode in the groove. I cleaned everything real good and installed a new clip with a little grease.

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
I might’ve had 1 too many sport sodas last week and ordered some 12pt bolts for 3 of the 4 front shock mounts. Proper grip length meant way too much thread. I got real ghetto with shanking them. Held the bolt in a shitty pair of channel locks with my foot on it and steadied it with my left hand, held a cutoff wheel on the grinder in my right hand and went for it. One of the more sketchy things I’ve done lately seeing as that wheel was no more than 4” from both my left hand and left ankle. Got them all right on the first try, GREAT SUCCESS 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds