Simple mid travel buggy build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
you may want to consider doing a half sleeve on the inside of the tube, that looks like a big chunk removed.

Sean
I'm going to be plating, and running a support tube to add strength where I notched the frame. Will get pictures as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
They look like they need to go a little farther. On car with short trailing arms, the top of the shock usually ends up being about where your head is when the angles are right LOL.......

Remember, your not measuring of the top of the arm, but the line from the arm pivot to the bottom shock pivot.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
They look like they need to go a little farther. On car with short trailing arms, the top of the shock usually ends up being about where your head is when the angles are right LOL.......

Remember, your not measuring of the top of the arm, but the line from the arm pivot to the bottom shock pivot.
With how limited head room is, I can't go any farther hahah. Hopefully it will be fine where it is.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
Anyone have a ballpark number on what my spring rates should be close to in the rear? Right now it's at 275/450 and seems like too heavy of a spring. Can't get any more sag out of it, and it only has a few inches of down travel.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
I have the opportunity to trade the 2180 that is currently in my car, for a Honda 3.5 with everything to adapt to a VW platform. The 3.5 currently has an MSD Ignition and carburetor setup. Is it worth trading or would the 3.5 not be well suited for my rail?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds