Simple mid travel buggy build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

zackpunx

Cpt Smitty
Apr 22, 2008
yucaipa
If you have a trans that can hold upto it or just baby it. I think it would lead to allot more parts that need to be upgraded with the added weight and torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crf250r6

Mar 24, 2007
mira loma
Depends how you drive, my fully built 091 holds up to my v6, but like zack said, everything else will start to fall apart.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
If you have a trans that can hold upto it or just baby it. I think it would lead to allot more parts that need to be upgraded with the added weight and torque

I figured this would be the response I get. Looks like I'll be sticking to the VW motor thanks guys.

MQUnlimited

<span style="color: yellow;">Premium Classifieds</
May 25, 2008
Apple Valley
www.youtube.com
No opinions on spring rates? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're going to have to weigh the car but if you're swapping engines, what to get new springs.
I have the opportunity to trade the 2180 that is currently in my car, for a Honda 3.5 with everything to adapt to a VW platform. The 3.5 currently has an MSD Ignition and carburetor setup. Is it worth trading or would the 3.5 not be well suited for my rail? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a built 091 with Weddle gears for 930 cvs in the garage I ran on a CBM 3.5L Shortstar (approx 280hp) which held up fine. I'll be posting it for sale soon, but seen lots of 091s behind hondas that last.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
You're going to have to weigh the car but if you're swapping engines, what to get new springs. I have a built 091 with Weddle gears for 930 cvs in the garage I ran on a CBM 3.5L Shortstar (approx 280hp) which held up fine. I'll be posting it for sale soon, but seen lots of 091s behind hondas that last.
I have an 002 with weddle internals. Not sure if it would hold the power or not.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
I'm still undecided, I think either way has it's benefits. My motor isn't anything special, so I'm guessing motor wise the 3.5 would be more reliable.

zackpunx

Cpt Smitty
Apr 22, 2008
yucaipa
I'm still undecided, I think either way has it's benefits. My motor isn't anything special, so I'm guessing motor wise the 3.5 would be more reliable.

The motor might be more reliable but everything else will become more unreliable. More power means more speed and you'll be allot harsher on components and chassis. But if you plan to upgrade those things down the rode then go for it.

desertbound1024

Jul 23, 2012
The motor might be more reliable but everything else will become more unreliable. More power means more speed and you'll be allot harsher on components and chassis. But if you plan to upgrade those things down the rode then go for it.

The plan is to upgrade parts as I go on this car, or swap everything over to a more well suited chassis.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds