"Slappy" the family Bronco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

powa_ranga

Mega Member
Apr 27, 2005
Rocklin
Just picked up this nice little sweetheart of a Bronco so why not start a thread to document the new project.

Here's the specs as of September 2017 (off the top of my head)

Front:
8 lug Dana 44/50 "hybrid" beams, Fox 3.0 coilovers/2.5 bumps, Crossover steering single swinger, Howe Power steering system, tapped box for ram assist, PSC ram

Rear:
3 link and Dirt tech 9" (8 lug), 3.0 Fox coilovers, 4.4 Fox 7 tube bypasses with cactus coolers, 2.5 bumps

Drivetrain:
Fresh 351, Well Built C6, NP205 transfer case, 45 gallon fuel tank, dual pumps, Trans/oil coolers, Large radiator, Electric fans with shroud, 39's on method beadlocks

Chassis:
1 3/4" Cage front to rear,Trans crossmember ties into front/rear beam/link mounts,Clearance firewall for 39's,Tubbed rear

Interior:
+2 race seats up front with 5 points
Single rear seat,Roadrunner fiberglass dash,Momo wheel,Dual Lowrance GPS's,Dual race radios (110 and 55watt),110AC converter,SwitchPros setup,Dual Vintage Air AC/Heater units one for front one for back,Working power doors/locks

Exterior:
Freshly painted 2016-ish Ford F150 Gray Metallic, Fiberglass front Fenders clearanced for 39's, New scratch built bedsides from Autofab (waiting for delivery), Spare set of used bedsides ,Smoothed top color matched,Fiberglass hood

The to-do list:
Finish wiring (it's about 60% done), Plumb AC units, Plumb radiator, Plumb heaters, Finish sway bar, Install Limit straps, Install bedsides, Check driveshafts, Install 4wd shifter, Install axles, Install front Warn hubs,Fluids, bolt check, once over, find more stuff to deal with, etc...

This thing also came with a truckload of used parts...electronics, wheels, tires, spare built trans,engine stuff, spare parts, driveshafts, etc...I still have one more load to bring home once the new bedsides are done being painted

Plans are to finish it the way the original builder had intended to, hoping it doesn't take too long but who knows...pretty excited to have a 3 seater with all the amenities and since I now I have a son (who's 3 weeks old) I needed something a little more fitting for all of us....
Anyways here's some pics.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

powa_ranga

Mega Member
Apr 27, 2005
Rocklin
Stole these pics from the original go fast bronco's "slappy style" build thread...maybe give you dudes an idea of it's transformation...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds