"Slappy" the family Bronco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

blackmomba

Nov 19, 2010
buckeye
H&M kit that needs big boy hubs and brakes...King 2.5 coilover/triple bypass and bump.
Thanks for the words about the bronco, unfortunately I sold it but thats ok, much fun will be had with the almighty 4.6 supercrew

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
very nice!! im running a velocity raceworks kit on mine, eventually ill get myself up to dana 44 stuff at least on the front and ditch the stock stuff. i wanna link mine as well too so just like everyone else im gathering parts and waiting lol ill continue to follow this current build you got going to get ideas :cool:

powa_ranga

Mega Member
Apr 27, 2005
Rocklin
Been enjoying driving it and hitting random fire roads and what not around my area...time to rip it down and see what I need to put better hubs/brakes in the front. It has all the stock f150 stuff.

Also need to change the fuel cell, move the front limit straps, and do some basic maintenance.

Does this H&M upright look correct? Anyone know what hubs/brakes/calipers bolt right up to the factory snout? Or what I need to do?

Kind of thinking about selling it, really need 4wd to take full advantage of the area I usually run around in but having a linked street legal 4 door with AC and heater is super duper nice.

Reactions: SoupGFX

F1sleepy

Grumpy Old Man
Aug 1, 2006
Escondido
Looks like the standard H&M upright for stock pressed in snouts. Unless someone has recently developed upgrades, your limited to powerslot rotors and maybe an aftermarket caliper if anyone still makes them (SSBC maybe)? No upgrading snouts/wheel bearings without getting new uprights unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
What about something like the 2" snouts that autofab used to make? They slipped over the stock spindle an were held on buy the original spindle nut. They registered on the stock seal lip which made them pretty stout. A little weld kept it from moving around in the long run.

Or, how thick are the plates that the spindle presses through? The originals I made were 1". Think enough to machine to take a bolt on snout like the pro-am ones. Pretty easy to machine that up. Chop off the caliper mount and weld on one in the right place for wilwoods. Would need to check WMS to snout flange distance against the stock setup to see how the scrub radius was going to come out first though. Some adjustments could be made there.

Ryan Jubera

Apr 12, 2008
Hemet
www.instagram.com
I agree with party barge. Only issue I could see would be a little more scrub depending on the hub you go with with the current KPI. Etc I think the benefit would out weigh the bad in this situation.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: powa_ranga

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
My friend had a local machine shop make him a piece that indexed onto the stock spindle snout all the way onto the inner seal area that a 2" Spindle would press onto, essentially doing what partybarge said but he couldn't find one for his application so he made it into a 2 piece and then welded the 2" hollow spindle onto that piece and used the stock spindle nut to press it on and then ran it for years without an issue, and was able to get a local machine shop to make it to the dimensions he needed. No CAD drawings or anything just brought all the pieces to local shop explained what he needed and they machined it and made it happen for him.

Reactions: powa_ranga

powa_ranga

Mega Member
Apr 27, 2005
Rocklin
Ok so I came home last weekend all excited to cruise this thing the next day with my kid and the lady after we got it out of the garage...pull in the driveway and the left front is flat, punctured sidewall. Great! No spare on a front wheel. My only good spare was on a rear beadlock with different pattern. Unbolt the beadlock from the wheel, take the different front wheel off go to the tire shop, have em swap it, sit around watch the guy take 3 hours to get to it, etc...frustrations are growing.

Keep in mind I am not exactly poor but going through the tail end of amazingly terrible divorce I gotta be smart with free time and money right now until that shit is over with.... Sooooo I want some input....what if I bought some stock hubs/ rotors, had them drilled out to match the rear and ran all the same lug pattern? Keep in mind the rear has 11/16 studs with like a 1 1/16 lug nut. Is this going to be unsafe? I know its not the "right way and its niggerish" but atleast I could buy two more spare wheels/tires that I need down the road anyway and not worry about getting a flat or being stranded.

Just an idea that crossed my mind until I can figure out big boy hubs/brakes, time to have shit machined, etc...we mostly use it for date nights and random fireroads smashing right now.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds