Sleeper Wagon

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
So yesterday I drove way up north to pick up a a decently cherry 1994 bronco 5.8. It was owned by the same family since purchased new and even came with the window sticker and the warranty card. The old girl isn’t perfect but not One bit rust on it and looks pretty solid best part I didn’t pay a crazy amount for it both sides seemed very happy.

what it needs are some common issues plus it being 26 years old
Fuel pump
Heater core
Rear window motor

the plan I am leaning too right now is keeping it a sleeper in a way and able to drive it around town and Baja.

so looking at the Solo stage 4 kit with the added options plus my seem to standard wheel and tire package I have all my trucks which is method double standards and 35” BFG

plan is to get it running and driving and cleaning it up and start getting funds together to get parts.

Attachments

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Does any one know when they for sure switch to a MAF on the 5.8 motor broncos? I keep seeing 95/96 have them and can’t seem to find a good picture in searches.

I ask because the build date on mine is 12/94 so Seems like it can be either way.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Does any one know when they for sure switch to a MAF on the 5.8 motor broncos? I keep seeing 95/96 have them and can’t seem to find a good picture in searches.

I ask because the build date on mine is 12/94 so Seems like it can be either way.
1994 should be the first year for MAF...I am jealous lol, my 92 is SD but my idea was to not try and make big power and keep it reliable so I did very minor "power" upgrades. MAF conversion would be my only option serious power upgrades

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: PSDirtracer

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds