Sleeper Wagon

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
My buddy has basically the same setup on his Bronco and it's amazing how good it does
Yea, Greg said the shocks should be pretty close to the best overall set up with the valve and tubes tuned. I am thinking next week take it out for the first time, heading out to ocotillo wells tomorrow so won’t have time or room to fit everything this trip

Reactions: A.J.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Haven’t been working on this thing much, I threw my back out 3 time in 2 weeks so I’ve very careful what I’ve been doing until that shit stops. Wrapped up a few small things on the bronco. Since I bought this thing it always took a long time to get it to start up well that finally fixed since it got to the point of not starting at all. Ended up replacing, fuel filter, fuel regulator, IAC, and the MAP. Night and day difference now on starting up and running right. All the parts I replaced looked to be the original OEM parts as well so no surprise there with the age.

Also got the Desolate rear bumper and hitch installed. Then did a complete bolt check. Still need to adjust the casters and the toe on the steering and I can take it out which we are going out to ocotillo wells all next week so that should be the first trip on it.

Attachments

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Hell yeah! Looks great! Now I’m thinking of putting a new MAP on mine to see if it helps my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Hell yeah! Looks great! Now I’m thinking of putting a new MAP on mine to see if it helps my issues.

Yea it had a hard time starting since I got it even after the fuel pump was replaced, and I think it really only needed a IAC and a MAP replaced but I started with the fuel regulator and filter and it started better but wasn’t a smooth fire up. And didn’t stay running at first. Then got those two parts replaced and fired up and ran amazing and just to make sure I came back a few hours later and again this morning when it was cold and same result fired right up and ran smooth. Autozone for all those parts was like $160 bucks

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Mines running really rich right now and possibly throwing a bunch of timing. She fires right up with no issue. Idles ok but bounces a little. It had worse idle issues and stalling issues but I think cleaning the IAC took care of that. Today there was a stumble though. But the IAC and MAP and O2 are factory I believe. Gonna pull codes again tomorrow and go from there. May get all new sensors and check my grounds.

Reactions: PSDirtracer

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
I bought this bronco knowing it had a bit of damage from the chipping on the driver side corner of the roof, I knew the bondo was thick (1/2) but didn’t know about he patch panel. So I thought I would give it a look see today I think it looks worse then what it really is as he interior sheet metal was not bent. So going to try and pull it out and do a much thinner coat of bondo on it. Just super glad no serious rust only surface.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: charlie_brown

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
how bad would it be to just re-skin the roof? You probably have like 3x cabs. HAHA
I was originally going to just pull it out since I didn’t think it was that bad until I got that whole corner cleaned of bondo it’s only the outer skin that has damage. So I am going to just do a patch panel from a spare bronco cab and not do the whole roof skin.

... yes I have a whole parts bronco, axles are gone but has a solid condition gray dash so if any OBS Ford guys are looking for one hahaha, Aaron I am completely cleaned out of ranger parts now since I sold my red Ranger but maybe not for long.

I always found it way easier to have a junk donor then going to junk yard because of layout of parts or having the screws or the panels or bolts and clips that are hard to buy alone.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds