Smurfette the 2wd B2

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Yeah I was looking at those, no idea how it’ll turn out though sound-wise. Yeah I was thinking of upgrading the bushings to poly units or something.. does anyone know what the Deaver leaves use? Poly or rubber? Delrin maybe? Yeah that was my other idea, a new OEM unit is roughly $130, but I could always put in an aftermarket proportioning valve for half that.. I’ve never been a huge fan of abs on older stuff, but the shorter wheelbase has me worried in panic braking situations.. idk. I rebuilt the old harness and it’s working fine right now, but I agree a spare one would be nice since it’s a common issue
The bushings I got from deaver for my g57s were poly.

Sean

Reactions: zachwabbit

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
If you are gonna cut poly in the lathe. Remember that it will grow with heat. In the past I've chucked them in the drill press and used a rasp and then a single cut bastard.

zachwabbit

Oct 18, 2017
Jamul
Getting some James Duff heimed radius arms soon for a killer deal from a friend, and I’m almost sure they’ll fit my 2wd beams but can anyone actually verify this? I haven’t been able to get a reply from the company yet. They’re meant for D28/35 beams

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure how much this will help you, but my D35 beams are just over 5.5" tall (spread from upper to lower bolt at beam to radius arm connection)

Last edited:
Reactions: zachwabbit

zachwabbit

Oct 18, 2017
Jamul
Thanks! I’ll try and get a measurement off my old beams, as far as I know ‘89-97 cast beams are all the same, it’s the knuckles that are unique to the model years I think

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds