Sort of like a Jeepspeed XJ

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
KOH prep. Revalved the front shocks. Got rid of the flutter, left the 3 bleeds open and did a straight .015 stack. Trying to keep it off the bumps on “big” hits.

Found a loose rod end on the driver side. It’s the tie rod at the drivers side knuckle. Kinda surprised since then parts only have a few hundred dirt miles on them. Ruff Stuff letting me down. I’m hoping it’s the clunk I’ve been chasing.
6DACCF8C-5EED-4FD7-A001-D0100E38D9CF.jpeg
459526D0-E719-44DD-A928-FDD2C0D45EA9.jpeg

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Ruff stuff makes alot of claims about their heims. But , the consensus seems to be that they are junk.
The 1-1/4”ones seem to be holding up. The 7/8” ones are dying one by one though. I’m slowly replacing them with FK’s. I knew I was taking a chance with them, but figured this Jeep wasn’t going to get beat too hard. I was hoping to get at least 2-3 seasons out of them. Guess not, but once cry once.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Mine made it a year before they got some wear in them and clunk. Just part of the impregnated style they use.

I’m running XMF rebuildable joints on my upper link and my panhard bar. Ain’t cheap but fuckers are tough and 0 noise from them with lots of desert miles on them so far. Adjustable if they wear some as well

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Mine made it a year before they got some wear in them and clunk. Just part of the impregnated style they use.

I’m running XMF rebuildable joints on my upper link and my panhard bar. Ain’t cheap but fuckers are tough and 0 noise from them with lots of desert miles on them so far. Adjustable if they wear some as well
Tell me more. Who makes them? The EMF ones?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Yup, my bad. EMF out Canada. I’m running the 7/8” ones. So far so good. I need to get under there and check them for play and throw some grease in them (been a year since lol). They are only in the single upper bar I run (3 link) as it sees decent load. Nice people up there and were quick to let me know about a back order issue on the original joints I ordered so i switched to a different bolt size to get them out quicker

Smallest they offer is 5/8” bolt size though for heims. I made a sleeve for the 3/4” heim with 3/4” bolt hole to reduce to 1/2” for my panhard bar. When ever I get to beefing that up, I’ll step up the bolt size.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds