Spindles

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 25, 2019
Reno
Hello, i need some help with something that may be obvious. I attached a picture of a fabricated spindle I plan on purchasing along with a long travel kit for my ranger. I am not familiar with spindle assembly, so I’m hoping someone can tell me what’s required to attach brakes, a hub and bearings, and a wheel to this spindle. Thank you for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

exp24

Jun 4, 2006
Nor cal
You will need a snout, that's where the wheel bearings, crush sleeve and hub all connect to. That right there depends on what application you are running for size of tire and abuse you intend to do. Camburg, BMS ect all sell the set up along with a brake set up.

Nov 25, 2019
Reno
Thank you. I am still an amateur in the prerunner scene, so I am unfamiliar with the setup of that particular spindle setup. I appreciate the help

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
You would be better off buying a complete kit. There are no provisions for brakes or steering on that spindle. Also, is it the right height? Good scrub radius? If you don't know the answers to those, a complete kit from someone like JD Fab, BTF or Camburg will keep you from a lot of headaches and expensive redo's.

Nov 25, 2019
Reno
Could you recommend a kit for a ranger? I know it’s pretty diverse but I’m hoping for something that will work for me, and I don’t have an understanding of how spindle assembly’s work, especially with the type of spindle in the picture

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
Could you recommend a kit for a ranger? I know it’s pretty diverse but I’m hoping for something that will work for me, and I don’t have an understanding of how spindle assembly’s work, especially with the type of spindle in the picture

BTF Fab
Camburg
HM Motorsports
Vegas Dezert Fab

Theres a ton of people out there honestly.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds