Steel-it paint

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone on here used a quart to paint their truck or is everyone running spray paint cans? Where is the cheapest place you've found for the paint. Want a quart of black and 3 or 4 cans of silver

Thanks

Ryan Jubera

Apr 12, 2008
Hemet
Has anyone on here used a quart to paint their truck or is everyone running spray paint cans? Where is the cheapest place you've found for the paint. Want a quart of black and 3 or 4 cans of silver

Thanks
Kartek is the best if u want to buy in quart or gallon and make sure to use a 2.0 pr larger tip on the gun.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

desert_steve

Oct 21, 2007
phelan, ca
I have. I used a brush/roller to paint all of the cage/tubework on my 4runner since I was lazy and didnt want to mask-off the whole damn interior... it turned out ok. Theres definitely a textured finish to it, but from 10ft away you cant tell. 1 qt can was enough to do 2 coats on all of the cage in my 4runner. Stuffs definitely holding up better than krylon.

Jimco was the cheapest I had found, but Ive been told UPR has it for cheaper and free shipping. Dont know for sure though.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
of course.. after I bought all my steel. LOL but, even at 15% off ...they are still probably more than Summit for tube. LOL

Blazeorange3

May 31, 2020
Tempe, AZ

Thanks
SDHQ has cans for $25 a piece at their Gilbert store, I just picked some up last week.

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
We sprayed the chassis on the 10 car with steel it using the same set up you would use to paint a car. You definitely need a bigger nozzle. I forget exactly what it was doing because that was 5 years ago, but we all came to that same conclusion.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds