Still like your UTV?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

BRUUUP

Project unfinisher
Pretty much are you still having fun with your UTV? Did you buy won and it lost its joy fast or do you still love it. Did you build it to much or is it just right. I really like the 3 major players that make them.

If you could do it over again would change anything or keep it how you did it?

toyotatruck333

The Member
Jan 23, 2005
Fallbrook/Menifee
bought my rhino brand new over a year ago and tore it down to the frame and built it up...
still smash it up and not tired of it at all.
if i had to do it again tho i'd buy a used one and then build it or build one from scratch.

WannaB-Class5

Her name is Dielila vvvv
Apr 1, 2005
Poway (SD), CA
if u like driving american made piles of shit maybe.

Id take a teryx over one of those any day.
Can you back this up with anything? Are hundreds of them falling apart? Do all of them fail in some way? Or is this a usless Ford Rules and Chevy sucks kinda statement? Real question, I don't know much about SXS

91yotaprerunner

Oct 10, 2005
Vegas
Can you back this up with anything? Are hundreds of them falling apart? Do all of them fail in some way? Or is this a usless Ford Rules and Chevy sucks kinda statement? Real question, I don't know much about SXS
I worked for a shop that did nothing but side by sides for 3 years. The frames are weak, no support. If u want to do a long travel you better do a complete chassis gusset kit as well. The stock cages are .065, weighing a whopping 35 pounds fully welded with all the cast connection joints.

The axles have such poor machining that 9 times out of 10 you destroy the axle servicing the CVs, i have actually had to chuck axles up in the lathe and turn down the ends to get the inner CV stars out.

If you were to take one apart and look at it, you would run the other way.

Everyone loves them cause they are "fast".....

The kawasaki is just beefier, more roomy, can easily be just as fast and still be less money then a new RZR. The axles are huge, well built. Motor is the same in the cruiser bikes, tons of parts available for the motors, etc.

AZmxer

<span style="color: orange">Racer</span>
May 15, 2008
Peoria, AZ
I still have a great time in my rhino!! Its more fun than my truck in the dunes !! love night rides thru the big dunes! We also do alot of 4x4 trails . They are fun for what they are built for.... playing around..not racing unless you have some major money

vegastitan21

Feb 1, 2008
I still have a great time in my rhino!! Its more fun than my truck in the dunes !! love night rides thru the big dunes! We also do alot of 4x4 trails . They are fun for what they are built for.... playing around..not racing unless you have some major money
well said

str8pinned

Mar 15, 2009
Garden Grove
I worked for a shop that did nothing but side by sides for 3 years. The frames are weak, no support. If u want to do a long travel you better do a complete chassis gusset kit as well. The stock cages are .065, weighing a whopping 35 pounds fully welded with all the cast connection joints.

The axles have such poor machining that 9 times out of 10 you destroy the axle servicing the CVs, i have actually had to chuck axles up in the lathe and turn down the ends to get the inner CV stars out.

If you were to take one apart and look at it, you would run the other way.

Everyone loves them cause they are "fast".....

The kawasaki is just beefier, more roomy, can easily be just as fast and still be less money then a new RZR. The axles are huge, well built. Motor is the same in the cruiser bikes, tons of parts available for the motors, etc.
i work on all the different sxs's and this statement about the rzr could not be said better!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds