T1 FUN - 1998 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4, 5-spd, TRD Supercharged

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
@84projectford Thanks for the trail tips. I'll pass these notes on to our "navigator".

Update on the rear springs install. Not happening now. The guy who was going to install them said he didn't want to rip apart my truck and chance me missing this trip. So the back suspension upgrade is going to have to wait. I need to buy some rear glass and longer shocks now that we discussed what could trip me up along the way.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
This might sounds like a stupid question but would I put this on my manual 5-speed?
you would need a scavenge pump, lines, fittings and a cooler with a fan (most likely run the cooler on a frame rail under the cab) and might need a thermal switch on the scavenge pump so its not trying to pull cold gear oil through.

imho, its not needed but its certainly not going to hurt anything but your wallet

Reactions: SoupGFX

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Ya, I might hold off on that then. I think I have a slew of other upgrades I would rather spend my money on in the meantime. Thanks for feedback.

desert_steve

Oct 21, 2007
phelan, ca
Wait, your trucks a manual or auto? If a manual, I wouldnt bother with a cooler. Theres been guys racing on that 5-speed (w/o a cooler) with great results.

Reactions: SoupGFX

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds