T1 FUN - 1998 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4, 5-spd, TRD Supercharged

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Measured my mounting points and I'm 55" from center to center. So the easiest method would be to move the shackle mount forward OR would you guys suggest moving the front hanger back 2.5"?

Another question, I found my TC shackle mount but it didn't come with the bushing, inserts or the tubing. What tube size would I need to go with and bushing size? Is there a standard size for that? I'm running a 9/16" bolt, would that determine my bushing size or tube size? If I cut my own, how wide should the tube be?

Sorry if these questions are basic but I don't know. I looked for a kit on this stuff but don't see anything.

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
Measured my mounting points and I'm 55" from center to center. So the easiest method would be to move the shackle mount forward OR would you guys suggest moving the front hanger back 2.5"?

Another question, I found my TC shackle mount but it didn't come with the bushing, inserts or the tubing. What tube size would I need to go with and bushing size? Is there a standard size for that? I'm running a 9/16" bolt, would that determine my bushing size or tube size? If I cut my own, how wide should the tube be?

Sorry if these questions are basic but I don't know. I looked for a kit on this stuff but don't see anything.
the axle should be positioned in the factory location at bump. This will locate the front hangers.Tack weld them to the frame. Put the bushing sleeves on top of the frame. Measure 52.5 from the hanger to the bushing pivot and tack them to the frame. Cycle the suspension to make sure the driveshaft doesn’t bind or extend too much throughout the travel. Make adjustmentsif needed.

Last edited:

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
- Cut some more blocks for the axle
- Move the spring above the blocks.Cleaned off the stock leaf perches
- Moved the front leaf hanger back 2.5" from it's previous location. I'm at 52.75" from front leaf hanger bolt to top of the current top shackle bolt. I ordered up a set of bushings for the new shackle bolt location. Once I get that, I'll compensate for the .25" by moving that back once I tack that in on top of the frame

Roughly about 15"s of travel now.
Current droop height

Current bump height
I'm hoping once I move my rear shackle bolt location to the top it will allow my spring to bump a lot closer to the frame. Or are my expectations too high?

Am I moving in the right direction? See anything that can be improved? I'm all ears.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
You can go up another inch or so the way it is. When you have all the leafs in it that funky S shape will go away.

It will also not drop out that far when it's all assembled. Set you hard metal stop about an inch higher and let the bumps do there thing.

Edit: you will end up with about 14" usable.

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Wait, moving the front hanger back means you moved your wheelbase back too and now it looks like it doesn't bump in the same spot.
I cut the stock front leaf mount off and moved the new mount forward about 2-3”. I was .5” back from the back cab mount. So moving it to the current location is roughly where the stock was originally. I should have left it and not got all angle grinder Happy.

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
I cut the stock front leaf mount off and moved the new mount forward about 2-3”. I was .5” back from the back cab mount. So moving it to the current location is roughly where the stock was originally. I should have left it and not got all angle grinder Happy.
Keep the front hangar where you had it (1/2” from cab mount). It was good. You need to ONLY move the upper shackle mount.

Reactions: SoupGFX

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds