T1 FUN - 1998 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4, 5-spd, TRD Supercharged

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Yes, as stated the pressurized regulator helps maintain fuel flow. If you have 10psi in the manifold it effectively drops your fuel pressure by 10psi. 55-0 is a 55psi difference. 55-15 is effectively a 40psi flow rate. This is why you need to bump your fuel pressure at least the same amount as your boost. Getting a FPR that will do 2-1 or more is common but will be hard for the stock computer to deal with.

84projectford

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Getting a FPR that will do 2-1 or more is common but will be hard for the stock computer to deal with.
shouldnt be. the stock computer doesnt vary fuel pressure and when in closed loop, id think it would only help his STFT or LTFT because it wont be lean. hes probably pretty positive on trims right now when it goes into boost and still in closed loop.

Something like a Vortec fmu would be good for what you are doing @SoupGFX. hook your stock fpr up so it sees boost as of right now (put it to manfold pressure post SC). Then when you get a fmu, put a plate in thats good for either 2:1 or 3:1 and hook it up per the instructions. too much raising rate will make it rich under part throttle while under boost, too little means you are back where you started. i might still have my diaphram kit that has different raising rate plates i can send you if you get one of these.

i also have a SPA rising rate fuel pressure regulator that i used on the tracker. dont use one of these. there is a bleeder on the top side of the diaphram that allows you to adjust how much fuel pressure increases vs boost pressure but when you are in vacuum, the engine is pulling air from that bleeder which means you suck in dirt through it. to its credit, it wasnt designed for dirt vehicles but still a dumb design. there are ones you could hook a little filter too but the Vortec is sealed, hence the plates need changing. better design imho.

Reactions: SoupGFX

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Thanks guys! I wish you guys lived closer because all this stuff sounds simple to you but when it comes to engine stuff or electrical, I'm a little bit of a we-tard.

Kids are about to head back to school in about 1.5 weeks so I took them out for a quick 2-night camping trip this last weekend. No 'roadin... But it was fun to chill and shoot the shit while drinking beers.

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Where did ya go? Looks like some 4 corners/buck man springs camping?
Spot on. We stayed at Cibbets Flat Campground off the Kitchen Creek Road. Theres actually a little bit of off roading to do right outside the campsite up towards Mt. Laguna. It's a small 30 spot campsite and usually it's pretty dead but for some reason there were quite a few people there this time. Corral Canyon is just across the 8 freeway about 15-20 minutes.

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Spot on. We stayed at Cibbets Flat Campground off the Kitchen Creek Road. Theres actually a little bit of off roading to do right outside the campsite up towards Mt. Laguna. It's a small 30 spot campsite and usually it's pretty dead but for some reason there were quite a few people there this time. Corral Canyon is just across the 8 freeway about 15-20 minutes.
Never knew that camp spot existed honestly

Grew up in SD(graduated Patrick Henry in 02’) and always loved camping at Corral Canyon area…. Moved to Yuma in 02” and have never looked back! Haha

I’d love to get the kids up there this next fall to camp thou!!

84projectford

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Thanks guys! I wish you guys lived closer because all this stuff sounds simple to you but when it comes to engine stuff or electrical, I'm a little bit of a we-tard.
its not hard, shit load of info on the net. start with an AFR guage first and putting the fuel pressure reg so it sees boost from the supercharger, then go from there.

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Getting the truck ready for another Death Valley trip this year. Worked on angled bed supports, installed a Co2 tank, pressurized water tank and some panelling on the bed supports. Other maintenance stuff: new front brake pads, upper ball joints, new catalytic converter (smog check: tested gross polluter. Mine was wasted. The can was completely empty. F-ing $1,400 for the cat alone).

Bought a pneumatic nut insert gun. Pretty cool tool.

Found this empty Co2 tank on CL for $40. Got it filled for like $50. Bought the gauges, handle and mount for $250. Total $350-$400. Power tanks are like ~$900-$1,200.

Mounted pressurized water tank. I've had this tank for like 2-3 years. Never used it. Anytime I've ever taken it with me on a trip it ends up at the bottom of all my gear, so it becomes a hassle to access. I'm hoping to get some use out of it finally.

Panelling installed.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds