T1 FUN - 1998 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4, 5-spd, TRD Supercharged

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Shit... I was wacking away at my shaft last night (wait... what are we talking about?!?) to no avail. I called a local alignment shop and they said they wouldn't take the job because they might break something and don't want to take on that kind of liability. I called TC and they sent me a how-to .pdf and they suggest cutting the shaft and rotating it. I'm hoping to keep the shafts in one piece so that I can resell them to someone who needs extended shafts for their Toyota trucks.

I'm going to try and keep the shafts in one piece and take a big hammer and a brass rod to it. I'll report back my success or failure. Thanks guys for confirming my frustrations. Ha!

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
big hammer and brass rod to the star works sometimes, beat the piss out of it, rotate, beat the piss out of it, repeat. broken many c-clips doing this

Reactions: SoupGFX

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
^^that it does.

If you can hit both sides at the same time with two hammers, you might be better off. Even pressure is what gets the cir clip to collapse in the groove, otherwise you’re gunna snap it

Reactions: yltaco05

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Slide it through from the backside of a class 3 hitch and attach the other end to a chain and a big truck and mat it!

Just kidding, never tried that, but ...think big ass slide hammer like was mentioned.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds