T1 FUN - 1998 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4, 5-spd, TRD Supercharged

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
on bottom out these trucks like to get the lower 4wd crossmember really close to the ground. With 33's and where I have my travel limited I have about 3.5 inches before it hits. Have dug it in a few times already. Just something to check and make sure you are not bottoming after that hits the ground. Ha.

Reactions: SoupGFX

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Onto the hydraulic bump stop install:

Got the 2" Fox bumps. Started mocking up some mounts and like one of you said, it was too close to the inside of the lower control arm. It was activating way too early. So I made the template longer so it sat a few inches further out. I think it was enough to bring the BS out far enough to give me enough distance to activate later in the upstroke. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't touch right away once I get it back upon it's own weight.

Original mockup, which was too short:

The new, longer version:

Did four measurements for both sides:
1.) Very bottom of the shock stroke

2.) Halfway up the shock stroke

3.) Where the lower arm touches the bump stop

4.) Very top of shock stroke (leaving about ~.25-.5")

Marked where the mockup is going to be welded in (passenger's side):

Looks like my numbers are close:

Made my templates:

Cut:

Was able to hole cut one but the rest failed miserably. I'm going to plasma cuttel the rest:

I'm kinda winging this. Let me know if there's something you see that I'm not factoring in before I burn all this in. Would love to hear some feedback and/or if I'm overlooking something or need to consider something before proceeding. Also ordered up my 8" limit straps to replace these 10" ones.

Thanks!

Reactions: partybarge_pilot

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
only thing i see is the bumpstop is not fully extended in 3 in comparison to 2. might want to re-measure that. You could always shorten the stroke to 1.5" or 1.25" on the bump, run lots of oil and run decent nitrogen in there too and it might work well.

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Put some more time in this last week.

Worked last night. Rained on me. Hailed on me. Lighting/thunder....

A little bit of clean up on the massive amounts of welding I had to do last night. I had a massive gap to fill. That sucked.

Time to it all back together.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Barg wants them to be at a better motion ratio. For them to bump farther out on the arm or move to the top arm and bump off where the ball joint is.

A arm trucks with the hydro bump moved in like that don’t get the full effectiveness of what they can do.

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Spent the last few days wrapping it all up. Just need to get it aligned now and a few other little things. Did some neighborhood high speed bumps and dips. Seems to handle it pretty well. Excited to get it aligned and go see some dirt. Glad to be driving it again and I definitely learned a lot from this process.

Driver's side:

With the glass on:

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Decided to say Fuck this WuFlu BS and head out to Death Valley for my friends birthday. It was hot as fuck out there but we got to road, shoot, camp and get shitty drunk. We cut it a day short though. It was getting way too hot for the kids and sleeping in that kind of heat was getting a little stupid. Without kids though, we would have stayed. Never seen DV so green though. Flowers everywhere and the hills were green. You could tell there was a lot of water that dropped this year.

Too much fun.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds