Texas Prelander Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PaulHayslett

<span style="color: orange">Racer</span>
Dec 4, 2005
Houston, Texas
Looking at intake manifolds. I am torn on replacing stock truck intake but don't know if the upper intake has the right amount of smiles per dollar. Any opinions on intake options?

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Looking at intake manifolds. I am torn on replacing stock truck intake but don't know if the upper intake has the right amount of smiles per dollar. Any opinions on intake options?
Watch Richard Holdeners tests, he does one on intakes.

He does one on that truck norris cam too, pretty good choice.

Sloppy just announced hes selling his own cam now, Holdener said its the best cam ever! lol! Sounds pretty good too.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Yeah upgrading injectors will be a better gain than intake manifold for sure. I almost ran out of injectors on my dads 6.0 with mild cam intake and headers. I have some decanted stock injectors now if needed in the future, will swap them in and get it tuned again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: PaulHayslett

PaulHayslett

<span style="color: orange">Racer</span>
Dec 4, 2005
Houston, Texas
Thanks for the validation that smile per dollar is not there. I got some work done in the shop today. Unfortunately 8 or so hours of my day was cleaning my shop and maybe 2 hours on truck. I got my go fast parts from BTR today. I am still waiting on headers, gaskets, and high pressure oil pump. I will most likely tackle cam install next week. I also recieved my new BTR converter. I ended up going with a 2800 stall.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds