Texas Prelander Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PaulHayslett

<span style="color: orange">Racer</span>
Dec 4, 2005
Houston, Texas
Nice shop, when's the lift going in?
I know! I had a 12k Bendpak lift at my last house in Ca. and it made things much easier. Unfortunately, I have spent so much cash on house and truck so a lift is on the back burner for now. I am sure I will put a lift in about 2 weeks before we list our house for sale. ;)

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Seriously once I had a lift i complain everytime I have to crawl under the truck to do anything now. I still have my lift and will be installing in my new shop before moving everything in and starting to work out of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PaulHayslett

Dec 4, 2005
Houston, Texas
@85yota That was an interesting video. I may have missed crucial details in the video but I think early in the video he stated the motor was a 5.7 iron block LM7. I thought all LM7s are 5.3l motors. His hp numbers seemed too high for a 5.3 which is rated right around 300 hp. Non the less, I was excited to see the hp gains using a 1 3/4 inch primary and a full exhaust similar to what I will be running.

PaulHayslett

Dec 4, 2005
Houston, Texas
I will document cam install once I do it for those interested. I ended up ordering a handful of parts from RockAuto and awaiting them. I felt it would be a no brainer to replace as much as possible while motor is out minus pulling the heads. I ordered new seal kits including, pan, front pump cover, and rear main seal. I also ordered melling high pressure stock volume oil pump.

Looking for advice on trans cooler. I was hoping to find something affordable that works well. I was looking at CBR and other equivalents but trying to stay away from spending $500+ for a cooler. I plan on mounting larger cooler in rear of truck once I build bedcage/tent moutn etc.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
If your lifters don't stay up when doing the cam swap because the lifter baskets are worn. 2 pieces of 5/16 wood rods through the holes behind the timing chain will hold them up. I've done that before. Also don't flip motor over to do that. I did that once and carbon from top of pistons fell to top edge of piston and kept motor from turning over because of that. Lesson learned for me and I don't suggest you let that be a lesson for you either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heer-O

King Shit of Fuck Mountain
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore
@85yota That was an interesting video. I may have missed crucial details in the video but I think early in the video he stated the motor was a 5.7 iron block LM7. I thought all LM7s are 5.3l motors. His hp numbers seemed too high for a 5.3 which is rated right around 300 hp. Non the less, I was excited to see the hp gains using a 1 3/4 inch primary and a full exhaust similar to what I will be running.
It was a bored over 5.3 LM7. That's why he was saying the numbers might be off from what other people would get with different combos

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds