The Baja350 - A Dentside Story

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Heer-O

Mega Member
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore / Lakewood
With regards to put pattern ( I know I'm a lil late in the thread) but wasn't there an 8 lug D44 bronco hub? I may be wrong but I thought it was an option on the centurion.

Anyway, really digging the build thread and all the info

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
With regards to put pattern ( I know I'm a lil late in the thread) but wasn't there an 8 lug D44 bronco hub? I may be wrong but I thought it was an option on the centurion.

Anyway, really digging the build thread and all the info

I think those were built on an F250 chassis so they would have been the D50s

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Heer-O

Mega Member
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore / Lakewood
I think those were built on an F250 chassis so they would have been the D50s

No.. f150 and f350 frames. And most the C-350s were solid front axle. But I could have sworn I read somewhere, a while back, about a factory 8 lug D44 hub.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
No.. f150 and f350 frames. And most the C-350s were solid front axle. But I could have sworn I read somewhere, a while back, about a factory 8 lug D44 hub.

I stand corrected

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
There were C250 versions that had the TTB. They were the D44HD (8 lug, and beams the same size/shape as the D50, but some differences in snout and internals if I remember right) and then the D50.

So no 8 lug d44 TTB, but as has been mentioned you can covert things using Chevy parts.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
disassembly has started. Finally.
Now that I feel like I'm able to start working on stuff again post-covid, had to start somewhere. Still getting tired a bit too easy so I'm working slow but at least I'm working.
Pulled the radiator today & got a look at my new parts that have been sitting in a box for weeks.

New transmission built locally with a Hughes performance torque converter. Still need to get the 4x4 tail housing & cut down the output shaft.
New NP241 transfer case w/ slip yoke eliminator. Fully rebuilt & shipped to my door.
Going to stash this rad for a bit, it's huge. would be awesome if I can make it work with the new assembly. costs me nothing to hold onto to it so why not.

Hood, fenders, and bed are all for sale if you know anyone.

Last edited:

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
While that radiator is big, cross flow designs are supposed to be more efficient than the top to bottom designs like that old one. Think about it - ow many new cars/trucks you see with top/bottom tanks vs. side tanks.

Still, you have it and it should be big enough to cool things down so worth a try.

Reactions: Heer-O

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
eh, I'm not even very confident that I can re-use that radiator anyhow but thanks for the tips.
for now it costs me nothing to sit in the yard until I get stuff mocked up just to see if there's a chance.
Fallback is obviously to go swanky aluminum w/ e fans just like everyone else.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds